No announcement yet.

Will Adonis Stevenson pull through?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I found on his wiki and I didn't like this:
    Stevenson Adonis (born 22 September 1977), best known as Adonis Stevenson, is a Haitian Canadian former professional boxer who competed from 2006 to 2018. He held the WBC and lineal light-heavyweight titles from 2013 to 2018, and previously the Ring magazine light-heavyweight title from 2013 to 2015. Known for his fast hand speed[1] and exceptional knockout power,[2] Stevenson was considered one of the hardest punchers in boxing.[3][4][5] He successfully defended the WBC and lineal titles nine consecutive times until sustaining a life-threatening brain injury in his 2018 fight against Oleksandr Gvozdyk.[6]

Imagine everything is in the past tense as if he is dead or will never box again? Do these people know something we don't?

Comment

IIRC Stevenson was put in medically induced coma as preventitive thing..., not that really needed it. Surprising he has been under that long.

He wasn't even hit that hard IIRC.

He is a POS of a person... but would rather he live broke or arrested for his crimes.

Still unfair to his family... (unless he beat them too).

But just goes to show you... we can call fighters bums... but they are putting their lives on the line.

Comment

Kovalev might be a quitter, but he is a good person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          This is what I found on his wiki and I didn't like this:
          Stevenson Adonis (born 22 September 1977), best known as Adonis Stevenson, is a Haitian Canadian former professional boxer who competed from 2006 to 2018. He held the WBC and lineal light-heavyweight titles from 2013 to 2018, and previously the Ring magazine light-heavyweight title from 2013 to 2015. Known for his fast hand speed[1] and exceptional knockout power,[2] Stevenson was considered one of the hardest punchers in boxing.[3][4][5] He successfully defended the WBC and lineal titles nine consecutive times until sustaining a life-threatening brain injury in his 2018 fight against Oleksandr Gvozdyk.[6]

Imagine everything is in the past tense as if he is dead or will never box again? Do these people know something we don't?
          Dudes with a brain injury this severe will never be cleared to box again anywhere where there's legitimate oversight, even if he makes what appears to be a full recovery. Still, it's jumping the gun a bit and extremely insensitive of whoever edited the wiki entry.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            Kovalev might be a quitter, but he is a good person.
            Didn’t see him quitting during the Alvarez fight when he got knocked down yet kept on getting back up and trading with Alvarez. Or do you mean bending over when getting smashed in the nuts by an elite boxer three times in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Where you hear that, man?

What I heard was this:

Maybe it's a little tasteless of you to use this tragedy to smear another fighters' name like that, you think?
              Apparently its in some Russian interview according to my room mate.

Kovalev is know to celebrate his own killing of a black man isn't he?

Eastern Euros are renowned for their distaste of black people. There are studies that show Eastern Europe hates black people the most out of anywhere in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolkill View Post

Eastern Euros are renowned for their distaste of black people. There are studies that show Eastern Europe hates black people the most out of anywhere in Europe.
                What?

The guy that died after fighting Kovalev was a white Russian fighter called Roman Simakov.

If you're gonna make up lies, at least make it slightly believable

Comment

Originally posted by Coolkill View Post

stfu you absolute tw at, honestly mate, take a look in the mirror and think something positive

Comment

I dont understand why they're not releasing more info.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                      I dont understand why they're not releasing more info.
                      I think it's really bad and the family asked not to disclose information?

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X