Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: I Built Golden Boy, White Had Fertittas To Build UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Schaefer left golden boy bankrupt because he eventually scammed Oscar and allowed Haymon to steal 90% of his roster. That's Oscar's fault because he was too busy coking up in drag and people who worked for him got tired of doing his job.
    GBP never made any money under Schaefer.
    Please don't mention it did because of the Mayweather fights.
    Floyd was too greedy to share the loot, and he's giving GBP a flat fee.
    What Schaefer got was some measure of control over the undercards,
    which he's able to populate with his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
      Honestly I can’t sit here and criticise either as they’re more successful than I’ll ever be. Both deserve respect however I’m just saying Oscar didn’t build goldenboy alone and white didn’t either however that doesn’t diminish their accomplishments
      Sure investor money helped, money always helps but if Oscar wasnt "The Goldenboy" hed fail like other millionaire investors.

Comment

So you had no help? No Schaffer or Hopkins?
        Oscar pay them, not the reverse like dana b!tch with the fertittas.. and if you prefer a BS mma dude (who proved nothing as a fighter and as his own boss) over a world boxing champ in 6 six different weight classes (and successful boxing promoter, who created his company with his own money) maybe you should go on a mma site.. And Oscar was still an active boxer when he take the ugly swiss banker for the paperwork
        Last edited by BoxHec; 12-14-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Honestly I can’t sit here and criticise either as they’re more successful than I’ll ever be. Both deserve respect however I’m just saying Oscar didn’t build goldenboy alone and white didn’t either however that doesn’t diminish their accomplishments
          Wow! one is a former world boxing champ in 6 six different weight classes and a successful boxing promoter, who created his company with his own money and who is loved by his family and the other one is a successful @$$ kisser (to the fertittas) with zero pedigree as a fighter and who hate his own mother who dislike him in return because he never helped her when he become rich, and who past his time either lying or either insulting people on the media, even from other sports, and who can't talk without using the word "f0k!n"

Yep, both deserve the same respect..
          Last edited by BoxHec; 12-14-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

So you had no help? No Schaffer or Hopkins?
            Are you high on drugs? Hopkins? Hopkins can't build shít unless its a prison shank.

Oscar hired Schaefer who was a Swiss Bank Manager at the time. Oscar found and hired him to specifically learn how to manage fighters as well as conduct event promotions. Without Oscar, Schaefer would be living in Switzerland managing banks. At the end of the day, Oscar built Golden Boy Promotions from his parent company Golden Boy Enterprises. Oscar owns several other companies. Oscar is a success in business.

Dana met Lorenzo Fertitta in highschool. Dana got ran out of Boston and linked up with Lorenzo after seeing him at a wedding. Total chance meet. Dana didn't hire anybody, he was doing Boxercise classes. Dana White was a business failure.
            Last edited by McNulty; 12-14-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              GBP never made any money under Schaefer.
              Please don't mention it did because of the Mayweather fights.
              Floyd was too greedy to share the loot, and he's giving GBP a flat fee.
              What Schaefer got was some measure of control over the undercards,
              which he's able to populate with his fighters.
              stop the nonsense. Floyd spent yrs fighting nothing but golden boy signed fighters on ppv and you don't think they made any money off that? Please.

Comment

Honestly i am going to go out and say it, if DLH and White are serious, fight each other on PPV, make it like 30 bucks ,i would well pay that. let the men beat the **** out each other, makes sense to me

Comment

Actually the Fertitta's bought the UFC for 2 million in 2001. The UFC wasn't big time back then, it was pretty much White who made it what it is as president of the UFC. White took a company that they bought for 2 million, made it bigger than had been and sold it for 4 billion, and White owned 9% of the company. So Oscar is wrong, they might have put the money but it was White who made it into a 4 billion dollar company. Oscar made most of his money from boxing and is worth 200 million. White made his money from running the UFC and is worth $500 million.
                  Last edited by filup79; 12-14-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Shaefer built Golden Boy using ODLH name. Oscar was a huge crossover star, everyone wanted to be associated with him.
                    Shaefer’s learning right now it’s not as easy without a huge star when your just a money guy. Guys like Sheafer are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Oscar won a gold medal for U.S.A. Dana White had two rich brothers to mooch off of fuk Dana

Comment

Working...
                      X