Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: One Fight In, Is Canelo's Contract Already Problem For DAZN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: One Fight In, Is Canelo's Contract Already Problem For DAZN?

By Keith Idec - NEW YORK When DAZN boss John Skipper announced two months ago that the company had signed Canelo Alvarez to a game-changing, five-year, 11-fight contract, virtually everyone focused on how much it's worth. Promoter Oscar De La Hoya and DAZN executives loved attaching that headline-making number, $365 million, to the deal. That gaudy figure obviously is dependent upon...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yea obviously this isn't good for the immediate health of DAZN. Losing GGG & Jacobs to other platforms wouldn't be good.

Still standby GGG bring all but done doe so GBP not calling GGG's name out of the hat first could hurt them more thsn DAZN cuz they might lose out on that trilogy haopening at all.

And while some claim to have no interest in that fight anymore it still boosts Canelo up higher than he is now to fight him again & ideally winning more clearly finally.

Comment

so, the question is..... who will decide Canelo's future opponents?

is that right..... ?

and then the article explained that DAZN boss Skipper would much prefer that Canelo fight Golovkin or Jacobs in May..... firstly, because fights of that magnitude are required to justify their investment in Canelo..... and secondly, to ensure that those guys sign with DAZN..... to boost their ranks, and to ensure that Golovkin and Jacobs do not sign with their competitors.....

right..... ?

and yet..... Hoya and Canelo will probably fight Lemieux

well, I guess that answers the question about who has the final say on future opponents

right..... ?

Comment

I hope this not backfire, I need this to succeed for the future of boxing as the top.

Based of what the article are saying, this is not going to be a good start If Canelo don't fight GGG and Jacobs at some point. Apparently and for my understanding, Canelo have to fight appealing fights to return the dividend to DAZN. I am saying this, but I admit that I am not good in this area. I really don't know how DAZN work to get all the money to pay all fighters who fight based to subscription and other factors like sponsors. Apparently Oscar have the final say. Let's see what happens.
        Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 12-14-2018, 03:55 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Lol boxing scene needs to tone it down a bit with these articles the bias is showing way too much recently

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            Lol boxing scene needs to tone it down a bit with these articles the bias is showing way too much recently
            Beat me to it these guys obviously have some hate towards canelo it’s ridiculous.

Comment

If dazn don't have some sort of say they'll be ever so sorry for getting in bed with this dirty bastard, could be ruined by the end of 2019, everybody is sick of dlh and his bull**** already

Comment

That's exactly the question I'm asking myself since this deal was announced - who has a (final) say in choosing Dopelo's opponents? It would be absolutely stupid from DAZN to have no say in choosing his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                  That's exactly the question I'm asking myself since this deal was announced - who has a (final) say in choosing Dopelo's opponents? It would be absolutely stupid from DAZN to have no say in choosing his opponents.
                  End of the day though, how much say can they have? Eddie is saying that people have to sign to DAZN to fight Canelo. If he doesn’t bend, then Canelo is stuck between fighting GBP guys and Matchroom guys.

Comment

Canelo and Oscar don’t give a sh.it even if they didn’t get the full 365 mil as reported Canelo got a boatload of $ and Oscar got a home for his sh.it stable

But if Canelo plans on fighting the Feildings & Lemiuex in the first year everyone associated with this deal loses

Those names won’t attract a large number of subscribers to pay for DAZN even if it’s only 10 bucks only the Canelo faithfull will care , and Canelo will slip out of the public mind fighting no names on a unknown app hurting his brand in the short term and in the long run

For this deal to work for DAZN , Canelo needs to be in PPV quality fights and at least 3-4 Big fights. Not facing opponets like Feilding , Liam Smith. Canelo isn’t Mayweather or Tyson where they can generate large viewerships fighting any no name fighter. He needs known opponets for people to be interested in his fights

Meanwhile TR and PBC fighters will have millions
                    Of people watching their fights raising their profile in the process for the next couple years

Comment

Working...
                    X