Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma Thinks Pedraza Would've Beaten Davis If He Prepared Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PapaBricks View Post
    I don't like that Loma discredited Gervonta at all. That was trashy asf.
    However I give Loma credit for being a warrior and doing what most would NEVER do with their boxing career.

Loma's 2nd fight in the weight class...
    Coming off of surgery couple months ago...
    No tune up fight....
    Goes right after the other title holder in the new division.
    who cares davis is a ducking coward who refused to fight loma. why would he give him props in any way? the only reason davis is still relevant is because he didnt fight loma and chose the safe path fighting smaller guys moving up coming off losses. he somehow keeps fans after doing both those things. some people dont have standards. davis is much more popular than gary russell jr who took a risk and lost to loma. thats why fighters duck. boxing is not a meritocracy but more like a meritocrazy where some fighters get hyped up based on fantasy and they ride that fantasy wave to riches
    Last edited by daggum; 12-12-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Thanks for that! I wasn't even up on him! Who does he fight next? That 140 Tourney is the best thing in boxing! I hope they don't f**k it up:

The Ring

World Boxing Super Series in jeopardy of cancellation; some fighters still await bonuses

December 6, 2018:

"The semifinal matchups that are in jeopardy of being cancelled: Josh Taylor-Ivan Baranchyk; Regis Prograis-Kiryl Relikh; Zolani Tete-Nonito Donaire; Naoya Inoue-Emmanuel Rodriguez; Mairis Briedis-Krzysztof Glowacki; Yunier Dorticos-Andrew Tabiti."

https://www.******.com/549581-world-...await-bonuses/

You're boy is an animal, but the whole tourney has lions, tigers, and bears! Can't wait to see how it all plays out! Teofimo will see him @ 140, but first things first! He has to cash that Loma check @ 135! If Mikey comes back to 140, it will cement that division as the best in boxing! Good look on the prospect! Does he have a promoter yet?
      small promoter, yet his career is doing really good and on good pace. Keep an eye on him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        He was laughing with Jim Gray and smiling saying he's a dog, with face untouched, after the fight.

Loma looked like he went through 1000 fights at the hands of the most featherfisted lightweight. How would Loma take those structurally damaging Davis punches? Uppercuts and body punches.

Ever saw Loma defend against a puncher, an asshole like Davis. Mean spirited *******. Stay tuned!
        Tank should fight my boy Machado how about that? A young guy just like him. 😆😆🤣

Comment

give it up Loma

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
            small promoter, yet his career is doing really good and on good pace. Keep an eye on him.
            No doubt! Do you know who he's supposed fight next? I couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              who cares davis is a ducking coward who refused to fight loma. why would he give him props in any way? the only reason davis is still relevant is because he didnt fight loma and chose the safe path fighting smaller guys moving up coming off losses. he somehow keeps fans after doing both those things. some people dont have standards. davis is much more popular than gary russell jr who took a risk and lost to loma. thats why fighters duck. boxing is not a meritocracy but more like a meritocrazy where some fighters get hyped up based on fantasy and they ride that fantasy wave to riches
              I agree. Davis deserves no respect for his shameless ducking of Loma. Some fighters are intelligent enough to act like they are not ducking whereas he’s just blatant.

“It’s not a good idea to fight him”, “Floyd just wants to see me lose”, “Loma isn’t a draw I want to fight Rocky Martinez”. He’s adamant about a fight like Mares - a guy 3 weight divisions and 6 years removed from his prime coming off a dominant loss. When Lomachenko had to find a last minute opponent and it was a guy like Marriaga (up one weight from his best) people are still talking about it and Loma was not happy to fight that fight he never went looking for it the way Tank has been insistent on this Mares fight.

Even the Rigo fight he just accepted it because fans demanded it and Rigo was ranked high p4p and unbeaten.

The Mares fight is an abomination especially after fighting a terrible opponent like Cuellar who’d not fought in well over a year.

Tank is a fraud until he steps up in class and answers some of the challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I agree. Davis deserves no respect for his shameless ducking of Loma. Some fighters are intelligent enough to act like they are not ducking whereas he’s just blatant.

“It’s not a good idea to fight him”, “Floyd just wants to see me lose”, “Loma isn’t a draw I want to fight Rocky Martinez”. He’s adamant about a fight like Mares - a guy 3 weight divisions and 6 years removed from his prime coming off a dominant loss. When Lomachenko had to find a last minute opponent and it was a guy like Marriaga (up one weight from his best) people are still talking about it and Loma was not happy to fight that fight he never went looking for it the way Tank has been insistent on this Mares fight.

Even the Rigo fight he just accepted it because fans demanded it and Rigo was ranked high p4p and unbeaten.

The Mares fight is an abomination especially after fighting a terrible opponent like Cuellar who’d not fought in well over a year.

Tank is a fraud until he steps up in class and answers some of the challenges.
                This post perfectly highlights why NSB has gone to sh-t. You've criticize Tank, a guy you don't like for a fight that hasn't happened yet because its against a smaller guy moving up. You then give Loma, a guy you love, passes for twice fighting smaller guys moving up.

Tank doesn't fight Loma, you call it a duck. ok fine no issue with that. But Loma doesn't fight Berchelt and you don't criticize and refuse to call it a duck.

Come on dude.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  This post perfectly highlights why NSB has gone to sh-t. You've criticize Tank, a guy you don't like for a fight that hasn't happened yet because its against a smaller guy moving up. You then give Loma, a guy you love, passes for twice fighting smaller guys moving up.

Tank doesn't fight Loma, you call it a duck. ok fine no issue with that. But Loma doesn't fight Berchelt and you don't criticize and refuse to call it a duck.

Come on dude.
                  Berchelt was injured and then wanted to take tune-up's and then an even better, more established opponent in Linares was available. Is Davis without others that want to mix it up right now?

Was Berchelt available for a Loma fight and if so, when?

Was a Rigo fan demanded by fans? Was it more in demand than a Berchelt fight?

Tank straight up said no and he has options now and is again insistent on a smaller man, coming off a loss, moving up. All the other champs are free and ready to go.

There's no "giving a pass". Berchelt was going the WBC route - signed to fight Salido, who ducked him, fought a replacement, then got "injured" and then was mandated to fight Roman for the WBC belt.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                    He got hit a lot by Pedraza though. I think Loma is excellent, but they hype of him being unbeatable and 'the matrix' is way off. His defence actually has a lot of holes.
                    Styles make fights and Lomachenko is coming off surgery and a layoff. No fighter is perfect but fundamentality sound I don't think there is a better one in the sport. Age or the right punch will eventually catch up to him but until then he's the best we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Berchelt was injured and then wanted to take tune-up's and then an even better, more established opponent in Linares was available. Is Davis without others that want to mix it up right now?

Was Berchelt available for a Loma fight and if so, when?

Was a Rigo fan demanded by fans? Was it more in demand than a Berchelt fight?

Tank straight up said no and he has options now and is again insistent on a smaller man, coming off a loss, moving up. All the other champs are free and ready to go.

There's no "giving a pass". Berchelt was going the WBC route - signed to fight Salido, who ducked him, fought a replacement, then got "injured" and then was mandated to fight Roman for the WBC belt.
                      Your still doing it. You are making every excuse for a guy you like. Tank is in the 1st fight of a new TV deal his promoter got. You are a long time boxing fan that knows big names get easy "look good" fights the 1st time their promoter gets a new TV deal. As an example look at DAZN. AJ got Povetkin and Canelo is getting Fielding (not that Tank is a draw on their level).

Loma fought Marriaga coming off a loss moving up (wasn't this 1st ESPN fight). When you responded to daggum's post that made a point about fighting smaller guys moving up, you forgot to mention this. Yet you went in on Tank.

It's fine to kill Tank for not fighting Loma. That said you cosigned a criticism of him fighting "a guy coming off a loss moving up" in Mares when the fight hasn't happened yet while Loma actually DID do this and you offer no criticism for it and justify it.

You're wrong here dude. This is a problem you get irate about when you perceive other posters are doing it. When you do the EXACT same thing you want it to be looked at differently and resent posters that call you on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X