Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma Thinks Pedraza Would've Beaten Davis If He Prepared Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Teofimo Lopez a future Lomachenko opponent?

You may have heard that PapaFimo barked at Team Loma at the fighters’ hotel a couple days ago. Greg Leon had deets on Boxing Talk:

“I just told them how I feel. I told them that we’re going to steal the show again and we’re coming to take his head off soon. ... He ain’t nobody man, I don’t know why people praise this guy,” said Teofimo’s dad Teofimo Senior. “This guy is terrible and everybody saw it on Saturday when he looked terrible. This guy won’t last two rounds with my son and I’ll put all my money on that. He’s too fragile for my son, and we already that they’re not going to fight us because we’re going to end his career. Top Rank would love for him to do it because it would set him up as a $50M fighter. Top Rank doesn’t need this guy. He couldn’t even sell out a 5,000 seat arena. This guy is a fake and he’s always been a fake to me. We would have killed Pedraza in one round. We’re putting Lomachenko to sleep. He’s just too small. Loma is never going to be able to beat my son. If he fights this way with my son he might get knocked out seconds into the first round. My son is going to be the best boxer in history and he’s only 21 right now and I believe he only landed with like 50-60% of his power on that shot that finished Menard off.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/...henko-opponent

Comment

Loma being ridículous

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        When Davis beat the brakes off Pedraza, he was 23, 16-0 w/ 14 KOs. Is it too early to see Teofimo Lopez vs. Pedraza or Beltran? Lopez is 21, but he looks like a monster!
        I know Lopez father wants the Loma fight really badly.

Lopez can hit hard so he'd have a chance against Loma but IMO if they fought in 2019 it would be like Charlo/Lubin where the young guy just isn't ready yet in a matter of 2 rounds you will see Loma just dominating him.

Comment

Pedraza was trying to mentally break Davis down by coming with the high guard and being in his face all fight. And for a round and half Pedraza did have some success. But then Davis landed a monster body shot I believe in the 6th round and regained momentum and proceeded to beat the crap out of him.

There are levels to this, and Davis is MUCH better than Pedraza. Let's stop with the stupid excuses. These were so predictable once we saw that Davis had a more impressive win over him than Lomachenko. And who the hell cares that he did? That doesn't mean Davis is better than Lomachenko or that he would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Lopez can hit hard so he'd have a chance against Loma but IMO it would be like Charlo/Lubin where the young guy bit off a bit more than he could chew.
            But what about Beltran or Pedraza? Is he ready for them? I think they should make the fight anyway! Loma's career didn't suffer after Salido bullied him! Canelo's career continued after Floyd schooled him! It's a good way to learn!

Comment

Lopez can hit hard so he'd have a chance against Loma but IMO it would be like Charlo/Lubin where the young guy bit off a bit more than he could chew.
              As for the fight you mentioned, can we really say that? Dude just got caught early with a great shot. Sure his inexperience showed with him dipping low right to the right hand, but skills wise Lubin would have competed with him. The advantage Lopez has over Lomachenko is he is much bigger and stronger than him. Dude is going to be at 140 soon and likely 147 in a few years. By early 2020 he will be ready and I will likely pick him over Lomachenko.

Comment

Lom is superb and I love watching him fight but if I'm looking for non-stop fireworks, I'd rather see Lopez vs Davis, a fight no one seems to mention that would be a fight of the year candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  But what about Beltran or Pedraza? Is he ready for them? I think they should make the fight anyway! Loma's career didn't suffer after Salido bullied him! Canelo's career continued after Floyd schooled him! It's a good way to learn!
                  Yeah he'd put Beltran in a coma. Pedrazza, he'd probably KO late. Loma was 25, not 21. I understand your point but lets remember he has 3 ko wins but he is just a few months removed from going 6 in a UD win. That would be a HUGE jump in comp, like the kind Lubin tried to make in Charlo.

Good way to learn but also a good way to take bad punishment at an early age that may force you to sit out a while.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    As for the fight you mentioned, can we really say that? Dude just got caught early with a great shot. Sure his inexperience showed with him dipping low right to the right hand, but skills wise Lubin would have competed with him. The advantage Lopez has over Lomachenko is he is much bigger and stronger than him. Dude is going to be at 140 soon and likely 147 in a few years. By early 2020 he will be ready and I will likely pick him over Lomachenko.
                    Lubin was in over his head IMO. Those small mistakes are the kind top tier boxers exploit. Ok take 3-4 more fights in 2019, each one gradually more difficult and then go for it in 2020.

Comment

Lubin was in over his head IMO. Those small mistakes are the kind top tier boxers exploit. Ok take 3-4 more fights in 2019, each one gradually more difficult and then go for it in 2020.
                      Fair enough. I don't mind the chance Lubin took. Clearly a supreme talent. By the end of 2019 he should be right back with the top fighters in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X