No announcement yet.

thoughts on lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    He is challenging himself by staying active, moving up to take on bigger men when those in his weight class need more time, he is facing criticism for been on the P4P top 3 list. None of those criticism is justified IMHO. We are know where those criticism are coming from and the narratives behind it.
    You mean like the narratives of them saying he would of beat T.B.E.? Are you trying to flip the script??

Comment

Lomachenko is a great fighter. Great skills, speed. DYnamic in the ring. The only real issue is ESPN and some of his worst fans are hyping in a way that his performance can't possibly match the expectations. Take the fight against Pedrazza.

The over hype took away from a solid performance against a weaker but slightly bigger opponent in a tougher than expected fight. Given he was coming off shoulder surgery the performance was great in context.

IMO when he fights its must see TV.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
        its ok, people will always have something to say, but Im wondering who is stepping up now to face him?
        Tank is making some noise on twitter, lets see if he wants to step up.
        if you ask me, he will just wait, we all know the formula.
        Just wait, bark and wait, the minute Lomachenko slows down then you will see Tank all over him and wanting to fight next day.
        That formula is called excuse making.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          It says a lot about his standards and what people think of him that he came back from major surgery and in his new weight class where he’s very small he jumped right in with another champion (a good one who’s won in two classes) and won 9 or 10 rounds, scored two knockdowns and dominated a taller, longer guy who had a lot of volume.

Wilder got credit for scoring two knockdowns (one fluky and behind the head) but getting shut out the rest of the way by a guy who’d been off for years and there’s threads with guys saying Wilder beats Holmes, Lewis, Foreman, Tyson etc
          Why do you praise l0m0's opponents but trash other good fighters opponents that have nothing to do with bob, Oscar or hearn? Are you trying to make someone look better than what they actually are like they did with Triple L??

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Pedraza is a B class at best, and he is not dangerous for any elite fighter.

Burns won titles in 4 weight classes and he is sh.it.

Pedraza best win is against, who?

He has not power, his skills are goods, but nothing special.

Of fact, Pedraza is that Kind of fighter that you know he is not able to get a win against a good fighter.

And is a feather-handed guy.
            Burns is a 3-division title holder. Not sure why you'd say 4? Limited knowledge perhaps? Burns beat Salido's daddy, Rocky Martinez too. Not an elite fighter but not a terrible one either.

Pedraza has some solid wins nothing special. I don't think Klimov, Farenas, Cherry, Beltran, Smith are/were bums though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Lomachenko is a great fighter. Great skills, speed. DYnamic in the ring. The only real issue is ESPN and some of his worst fans are hyping in a way that his performance can't possibly match the expectations. Take the fight against Pedrazza.

The over hype took away from a solid performance against a weaker but slightly bigger opponent in a tougher than expected fight. Given he was coming off shoulder surgery the performance was great in context.

IMO when he fights its must see TV.
              This is the first time I've watched a telecast of one of his fights in a number of years (as opposed to going to the fight) and it is over the top. HBO was always guilty of this and it appears ESPN is too. One thing I noticed is that Tessitore called Crawford "pound for pound #1" and referred to Lomachenko as "pound for pound #1" as though reading a script. I think that talk should be left for previews and commercials and then just focus on the fight at hand.

It's that type of push no doubt that turns off certain fans to Crawford and Lomachenko though that's a petty reason to rebel IMO.

Comment

This is the first time I've watched a telecast of one of his fights in a number of years (as opposed to going to the fight) and it is over the top. HBO was always guilty of this and it appears ESPN is too. One thing I noticed is that Tessitore called Crawford "pound for pound #1" and referred to Lomachenko as "pound for pound #1" as though reading a script. I think that talk should be left for previews and commercials and then just focus on the fight at hand.

It's that type of push no doubt that turns off certain fans to Crawford and Lomachenko though that's a petty reason to rebel IMO.
                The pre fight promotion from ESPN for Crawford wasn't the same as Loma. There was also the quick KO by Lopez and there was time to fill. I watched and thought "no way Loma can meet expectations", especially considering the shoulder and the weight division.

Tessitore is just terrible. I long for the days of a Dunphy or Cosell type announcer that just calls the fight rather than emphasize the network fighter's performance.

I think in Loma's case it does because the hype for Crawford doesn't feel the same. For example ESPN had an article during the week that asked "How do you beat Loma?" like he was undefeated when he isn't.

If they hype Crawford the next fight over the top then I agree it could annoy fans.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  You mean like the narratives of them saying he would of beat T.B.E.? Are you trying to flip the script??

I don't care what anyone saying about retired fighters. We get that with every era.

Comment

Burns is a 3-division title holder. Not sure why you'd say 4? Limited knowledge perhaps? Burns beat Salido's daddy, Rocky Martinez too. Not an elite fighter but not a terrible one either.

Pedraza has some solid wins nothing special. I don't think Klimov, Farenas, Cherry, Beltran, Smith are/were bums though.

Salidos daddy? Salido beat Martínez clearly in the second fight .

Salido beat Loma and Loma accepted the L.

Yeah, super límited, it were 3 divisions, not 4. Wow hahaha.

F.uck, you are biased as hell.

Pedraza is a B class, period, he is nothing special and his biggest win is fu.cking Beltrán, a guy that Lost all the rounds against Crawford and that is a journeyman of the ring.

Pedraza was one of the worst champions in the world.

You can say what you want but thats the truth

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Why do you praise l0m0's opponents but trash other good fighters opponents that have nothing to do with bob, Oscar or hearn? Are you trying to make someone look better than what they actually are like they did with Triple L??

He is biased.

He always Say that kind of trash, guy does not know anything about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X