Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mike Coppinger a solid source for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best source

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Here you go. This is the type of stuff he does

LMAO that's hilarious bro so he got the PBC job and just added Charlo instantly to his p4p list?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Lance Pugmire is the last real boxing journo, he could have easily taken money to work for Golden boy, top rank, or PBC but he enjoys his job at LA Times.

And when he breaks something its neutral honest and non bias

Coppinger now has bias since he signed with PBC and on FOX

Kevin Iole is a real douchebag always hating on boxing, because he works for UFC
        I met most of these top guys in person bumping into them at the fights. Kevin is old as hell looks like he's like 70 and in bad shape. Kevin wasn't a D-Bag towards me he was actually really nice believe it or not I asked him for his prediction on the upcoming fights and he have me a real legit honest answer. I do see him going off on fans tho a lot on Twitter. Isn't it funny he writes for yahoo sports that's like a step away from aol sports or friendster in terms of relevancy lol.

I never met Coppinger but all the fight fans who talk about him are usually complaining about things he tweets but I dont follow him so I dont know? I know he pretty much had beef with all the other writers except fat dan. I remember some other writer was calling him out for talking down to the fight fans and for saying Jimmy's Corner was trash and overrated or something?

Fat dan I met a few times and he's not the most friendliest guy. He knows he's like the biggest writer and name in the sport so he does act like he's a celeb or something. Unlike Kevin he won't give u like predictions or answer questions if u ask him face to face. Sad thing is he does actually have fans and groupies who try to hang around him after the fights and some Guys take pics with him as if he's a fighter or celeb. (face palm)

I haven't met Lance but he is again the only writer who's not an insecure douche bag or self entitled. Again he had the balls to call out Canelo for the clen bust and he wasn't scared that it would hurt his access to Canelo or GB at their events. In fact they ended up freezing him out when it came for his turn to ask questions.

I remember Lance was the first guy I saw who actually announced MAYPAC and then Fat Dan like usual writes a story acting like he broke it first. Others also criticize fat dan for stealing other's work, other's interviews, quotes, and breaking news.

No one questions Fat Dan he'll just take a smaller writers breaking story and break the news as his own and since he has way more influence and followers they see his story first and that original writer gets F'd over.

This is a legit reason to hate Fat Dan, but often others hate Fat Dan for just being Fat and Obese a lot of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          I met most of these top guys in person bumping into them at the fights. Kevin is old as hell looks like he's like 70 and in bad shape. Kevin wasn't a D-Bag towards me he was actually really nice believe it or not I asked him for his prediction on the upcoming fights and he have me a real legit honest answer. I do see him going off on fans tho a lot on Twitter. Isn't it funny he writes for yahoo sports that's like a step away from aol sports or friendster in terms of relevancy lol.

I never met Coppinger but all the fight fans who talk about him are usually complaining about things he tweets but I dont follow him so I dont know? I know he pretty much had beef with all the other writers except fat dan. I remember some other writer was calling him out for talking down to the fight fans and for saying Jimmy's Corner was trash and overrated or something?

Fat dan I met a few times and he's not the most friendliest guy. He knows he's like the biggest writer and name in the sport so he does act like he's a celeb or something. Unlike Kevin he won't give u like predictions or answer questions if u ask him face to face. Sad thing is he does actually have fans and groupies who try to hang around him after the fights and some Guys take pics with him as if he's a fighter or celeb. (face palm)

I haven't met Lance but he is again the only writer who's not an insecure douche bag or self entitled. Again he had the balls to call out Canelo for the clen bust and he wasn't scared that it would hurt his access to Canelo or GB at their events. In fact they ended up freezing him out when it came for his turn to ask questions.

I remember Lance was the first guy I saw who actually announced MAYPAC and then Fat Dan like usual writes a story acting like he broke it first. Others also criticize fat dan for stealing other's work, other's interviews, quotes, and breaking news.

No one questions Fat Dan he'll just take a smaller writers breaking story and break the news as his own and since he has way more influence and followers they see his story first and that original writer gets F'd over.

This is a legit reason to hate Fat Dan, but often others hate Fat Dan for just being Fat and Obese a lot of the time.
          I never met any of them but I seen Kevin Iole in person at a boxing event in Cali and that dudes stomach is HUGE wtf

Lance also covers UFC, he is probably the best reporter on combat sports because he doesn't really give his opinions he stays as balanced as possible.

Comment

How did mike's Fox show go? Anyone catch it?

The only time I saw Mike speak was on some RING mag youtube video where he's calling out Lou DiBella for not making Sergio Martinez fight GGG.

Comment

He posts so much tribe, every now and then he gets a rumor right. I trust nothing he says

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                I never met any of them but I seen Kevin Iole in person at a boxing event in Cali and that dudes stomach is HUGE wtf

Lance also covers UFC, he is probably the best reporter on combat sports because he doesn't really give his opinions he stays as balanced as possible.
                Haha, the Iole comment reminded me of this, enjoy:

This explains his stomach LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Haha, the Iole comment reminded me of this, enjoy:

This explains his stomach LMAO.
                  Lmao dang he got so lively speaking about fatburger you would have thought floyd was about to give him a free one, thats the first time I heard Iole speak with such happiness and enthusism, the man loves to eat why didnt he just be a food critic instead of a boxing critic? Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X