Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pedraza: Lomachenko 'Definitely' Better Than Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
    Gervonta beats Loma
    Can you tell Davis that? How can fans say this when the fighter himself says different?

Comment

Gevonta is afraid of Loma he a coward!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Who has Davis fought that’s remotely near Loma’s level?

I think Rigo is obviously much better but he was smaller. Russell is better too and Linares clearly as a first fight at the weight was a far more problematic match too.

Walters had a lot of people picking him and that was easy.

Davis would be a very easy fight because he’d just look for big shots and give up trying to outbox Loma and you’ll never beat a guy like that loading up. It was telling that Tank went quiet when called out and he never goes quiet and then when Floyd threatened the fight Tank said it’s “not a good idea”. Not a good idea for a guy who can barely get a fight? Hmmmm.
        It wouldn't be an easy fight for Lomachenko. He would definitely be the favorite, but Davis would compete with him. You are underrating Davis speed and IQ. Can he get power happy at times? Sure, but other times he is very patient as he was against Walsh and waits for his opening. Lomachenko would be up against a fighter with great athleticism, power and good IQ. He would have to work for that win.

And GRJ being better than Davis is certainly questionable. But I doubt many would pick him to beat Davis at 130 if they were to face off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I look at more than that. Loma is true pro while Davis has yet to take his career seriously IMO. He is always grossly out of shape which means he has to spend camp getting in shape rather than working on a sound game plan.

He doesn't strike me as someone that works on his craft- he acts like Floyd does only Floyd does that for 30 minutes just for the cameras and trains like a demon the rest of the time.

I was encouraged that he moved out of Baltimore to supposedly train full time. It also doesn't help that he goes from Pedrazza to walsh to lesser comp like Fonseca and Cueller and now is poised to fight Mares who is smaller and is well past it. I would prefer to see him fight gradually better men.
          They say you can tell a lot about a man by who his associates are and Tank's best buddy is?....Broner!

Comment

Tank would look like Walters part II, the sequel.

There is no debating that Lomachanko is a far, far better boxer than Tank will ever be. Pedraze actually laughed at the comparison and the spoke in English so that there would be no misunderstanding.

Looking at this objectively...I don't see much difference between Tank and Walters. Both Tank and Walters are punchers and both need to plant their feet to generate power( As with any puncher).

Punchers that need to plant their feet and relay upon their power to bail them out eventually get beaten, and often badly, by the superior boxer.

The described scenario is not based upon one or two isolated cases but all, as in every single puncher is susceptible to a good boxer....and Lomachanko is on an entirely different level.

Prime Walters, Jeff Lacy, Tito, Shavers, Stevenson, Wilder, Mancini, Tyson.....the list goes on and on.

Make no mistake...Floyd keeps Tank away from Lomachanko because he knows from personal experience what a great boxer does to a power puncher.
            Last edited by factsarenice; 12-10-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
              They say you can tell a lot about a man by who his associates are and Tank's best buddy is?....Broner!
              Can't say I disagree with this because Broner is another guy that IMO wastes his talent. Tank is young enough that he can change things around.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                Lmao shut the **** up. Hardcore Loma shills are an embarrassment
                first off, your user name tells me all I need to know about your **** gobbling fan boy ways. For the record, I don't like Loma, I was rooting for him to lose vs pedraza, linares, salido, walters and others. I'd also root for Davis to beat him. I'm just making an observation on how comparing their performances vs a common opponent isn't an accurate way to asses how they'd fair vs each other. So maybe try responding by pretending to know something about boxing instead of being a shameless tmt groupie slut.
                Last edited by Jab jab boom; 12-10-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  How would Loma outbox Davis for the entire fight without going down and going to sleep? Davis is a way better fighter than you give him credit for, better than anyone Loma has fought in his entire career, amateur and pro.

Did you catch how clueless Loma looked each time Pedraza turned southpaw? Loma is repetitive and predictable and can't infight well. Davis is a southpaw all the way with brutal power in both hands as well. His specialty is the body.

Davis KO inside 10.
                  Well he might go down and go to sleep - that's what I meant by Davis landing an equaliser... but I still maintain that Loma's far more skilled and responsible defensively than Tank. The Pedraza vs Davis fight is often remembered as some kind of blow-out walkthrough for Davis but I saw Pedraza landing plenty both upstairs and down, even pinning him on the ropes once or twice and Tank missing plenty even when Jose was standing right in front of him.

Either way, it's all opinion til it happens, and that IS a fight I'd love to see next year or maybe 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Well he might go down and go to sleep - that's what I meant by Davis landing an equaliser... but I still maintain that Loma's far more skilled and responsible defensively than Tank. The Pedraza vs Davis fight is often remembered as some kind of blow-out walkthrough for Davis but I saw Pedraza landing plenty both upstairs and down, even pinning him on the ropes once or twice and Tank missing plenty even when Jose was standing right in front of him.

Either way, it's all opinion til it happens, and that IS a fight I'd love to see next year or maybe 2020.
                    Just like with Loma, Pedraza had his moments. But Davis controlled the fight and KO'd him. Loma, with all his movement, us hittable. He would work for a decision for sure and definitely hit the canvas again against Davis. It literally would be a mental war for which now we would have to say he has the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      How would Loma outbox Davis for the entire fight without going down and going to sleep? Davis is a way better fighter than you give him credit for, better than anyone Loma has fought in his entire career, amateur and pro.

Did you catch how clueless Loma looked each time Pedraza turned southpaw? Loma is repetitive and predictable and can't infight well. Davis is a southpaw all the way with brutal power in both hands as well. His specialty is the body.

Davis KO inside 10.
                      Loma is repetitive and predictable..that has to be one of the most clueless comments ive ever come across.

Comment

Working...
                      X