Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Add Weight For Fury Rematch; Targets 245 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a heavier weight he could lose power trying to move heavy arms around, boxing skills is what he needs not more weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      He needs to add more weight, I noticed the past 2 fights he's not responding to shots nearly as well as he used to in particular body shots. He's been gassing around the 8th round and that has a lot to do with a lack of durability.
      What? His stamina will be worse with more weight on, not better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        Size was a factor in Fury’s game plan. He was able to lean, clinch, and push Wilder around the ring.

A major factor of the match.

But now way Wilder can go up to 245 and be fit in a short amount of time.
        I can see him adding 15 to 20 lbs of lean muscle in a year.
        Anything more would honestly be suspicious for PEDs.
        Nobody can gain 45 lbs of muscle without help.

He better hire somebody that knows what he is doing as a strength and conditioning coach.
        Fury tied Wilder up about 4 times in the fight. Not once did he use his weight to lean on him or try and tire him out. If you think otherwise, what second of what rounds did this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          At the same time it could be both blessing and curse because if he comes in too heavy, then the haters are going to accuse of him of juicing.
          If it's muscle, then yes, we know how they did it.

And that's funny because the likes of you accuse AJ of being on the juice with the size he is. But you wouldn't say a word if it was Wilder being that big.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            I’m loving this ,Fury is in his head. He has never looked at weight yet now his team have suggested it even though they thought he won. Why do they need to change a winning formula?

Wilder is adding this weight not because he wants to and thinks he needs it but because of his team
            Fury is definitely in his head. He's making Wilder do and say some really funny ****. Haha.

Comment

• He needs to work on shooting a straighter right hand. He out there throwing baseball pitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Is he capable of putting on that much weight?
                He's American, so yes. You know what I mean. They have the best stuff to get to higher weights. They're experts at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                  He came in light for Ortiz and blamed flu.

He came in light for Fury and blamed a broken arm

He’ll come in under 200 for the rematch and finally admit that he’s trying to slim down for the Destiny’s Child reunion
                  Lololololol

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    I don't understand how he is so skinny. There's people 5'9 walking around at 190-200. Like the average American is heavy in general. Maybe when he talked a lot moving down in weight he was serious.
                    Those people at 5’9 weighing 200 lbs are usually fat asses. Wilder is sculpted with a very thin lower body so it makes sense. I think 225 is a good weight for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                      Only a idiot doesn't learn from his mistakes.. Fury was able to smother Wilder more.. being bigger.. Wilders team wants Wilder unsmootherable! He will be 227-228 come fight night! Secondly.. who hurt who more? Did Wilder touch the canvas? was Wilder looking like he was dead in the 12th? Those questions should determine the clear winner.
                      Doesn’t work like that. Tyson Fury could have hit the canvas in the 12th had both eyes open blowing kisses at the audience but if he doesn’t eat the 10 count he loses. Both times his legs were extremely strong underneath him. Fury actually finished the round stronger. It was not like Whyte when he was knocked down by Parker and was saved by the bell or Wilder knocked around the ring for 45 seconds by Ortiz only to be saved by the bell

Comment

Working...
                      X