Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    Hmmm.... If both guys make it to the end of the fight punches landed are the primary scoring criteria..
    this is pro boxing, pro judges doesnt take note of every punch landed, jabs the less... if there is a significant difference in the total of punches landed per round then you are right, but it wasnt the case in most of the rounds..

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      this is pro boxing, pro judges doesnt take note of every punch landed, jabs the less... if there is a significant difference in the total of punches landed per round then you are right, but it wasnt the case in most of the rounds..
      I see what your saying but in a close fight there isn't much else to go by. Nobody can take note of every punch landed its pretty much impossible. As far as jabs go it's a scoring blow. Jabs by some pro boxers are hard and effective. Golovkin is one of those guys. Sparring partners have commented on how hard and clean his jabs are. It was obvious Canelo was wary of them because they snapped his head back and made him back off on numerous occasions.

Comment

Yes Golovkin's jab landed and Canelo's punch was low and on the hip. Nice try again of avoiding the topic and trying to deflect, your usual tactic.

we always knew that you were a fkn idiot

now it is on record

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
          The only problem is reverting back to “he was supposed to fight this way” argument. Like I said, if canelo got his way out of what he was doing, then fine...but he was reckless, got outboxed/got the worst of exchanges for portions of the fight. Not to mention, he was never able to trap ggg on the ropes and also ended up getting backed up himself later in the fight. Just cuz a guy adapts his style to exploit his opponent or to keep from smothering his own shots, doesn’t mean he automatically loses the battle of ring generalship. If ggg didn’t look so sloppy and we weren’t so used to seeing his opponents backing away from him, the optics would be different. Objectively, he boxed pretty well.

nah I don't agree with any of that

Golovkin's style/gameplan WERE obviously limited by Canelo..... he controlled the fight, and he controlled Golovkin..... which is why Golovkin could not get his usual game going..... which is why Golovkin could not follow his gameplan..... and which is why Golovkin could not follow his corners instructions

in that fight..... it was telling

effective aggression went to Canelo
          clean hard punching went to Canelo
          defence went to Canelo
          ring generalship went to Canelo

Comment

So how did Canelo force Golovkin out of his game plan? It was blindingly obvious to anyone with some basic boxing knowledge after the first few rounds that he was going to box Canelo in this fight. He committed to that despite pressure from his corner. He stuck to his jab moved back when he had to circled and never ceeded the center of the ring dispite Canelo's best efforts to push Golovkin back to the ropes or hurt him badly. Yeah Canelo forced Golovkin to land twice as many jabs and land more punches in the majority of the rounds. Like I predicted before the fight that Canelo could outspeed Golovkin but he can't outbox him. The judges got it wrong. Russ Anber in an interview summed it up accurately. Golovkin won but Sanchez talking smack non stop before the fight worked against Golovkin with the judges.

Hypekin demanded that Canelo stand and fight like a Mexican..... then he got on his bike for 12 rounds

seeing you mentioned Sanchez..... immediately after the fight, Sanchez admitted that Golovkin did not win

I will say that again, louder this time..... IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIGHT SANCHEZ ADMITTED THAT GOLOVKIN DID NOT WIN

Comment

I see what your saying but in a close fight there isn't much else to go by. Nobody can take note of every punch landed its pretty much impossible. As far as jabs go it's a scoring blow. Jabs by some pro boxers are hard and effective. Golovkin is one of those guys. Sparring partners have commented on how hard and clean his jabs are. It was obvious Canelo was wary of them because they snapped his head back and made him back off on numerous occasions.

the official scoring criteria are.....

* clean hard punching
              * effective aggression
              * ring generalship
              * defence

1) which of those scoring criteria covers pitty-pat jabs ?

2) which of those scoring criteria did Golovkin win ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                nah I don't agree with any of that

Golovkin's style/gameplan WERE obviously limited by Canelo..... he controlled the fight, and he controlled Golovkin..... which is why Golovkin could not get his usual game going..... which is why Golovkin could not follow his gameplan..... and which is why Golovkin could not follow his corners instructions

in that fight..... it was telling

effective aggression went to Canelo
                clean hard punching went to Canelo
                defence went to Canelo
                ring generalship went to Canelo
                Well canelo sure got hit with a lot of punches for someone who controlled the fight and had everything their way. Do you also believe canelo "controlled" ggg in the first fight? Cuz according to him, he followed his game plan, yet ggg was still able to come forward, which you say is his game plan. I don't put much stock in game plans or "not being able to follow the corner's instructions"... fighters adapt to what's in front of them, and ggg was still finding a way to land his share of punches.
                At the end of the day, looking at the fight as a whole and judging who edged who in what category of scoring criteria, means next to nothing. Boxing is scored round by round, and the number of rounds each guy won was pretty damn close. Personally, I have no problem with a couple of points either way...it's when scores start getting wider, that you can tell people are changing their scoring criteria from round to round just to give it to the guy they want to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  "Nelo did this, did that & some of this with that also marked golovkin's face but he didn't win the fight."

See how dumb & contradicting that sounds
                  It's not contradictory at all. He did better than he did in the first fight and made good adjustments. I think GGG won ultimately, but it was a close fight and a draw would have been fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    Thanks. But I still think he may have lost reflex timing.
                    How did you score the first one?
                    Just my opinion, but I don't think so. At least not a lot since his previous fights. There is a cumulative effect but he's not that old. He just had to react a much different approach from Canelo and couldn't do it. He always looked so good because he was always walking everyone down, cutting the ring off, putting on a lot of pressure and Canelo didn't let him do that.

I don't remember how I scored the first fight I'd have to watch it again. I know I scored it in favor of GGG but I don't remember how the rounds broke down. You?

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      Well canelo sure got hit with a lot of punches for someone who controlled the fight and had everything their way. Do you also believe canelo "controlled" ggg in the first fight? Cuz according to him, he followed his game plan, yet ggg was still able to come forward, which you say is his game plan. I don't put much stock in game plans or "not being able to follow the corner's instructions"... fighters adapt to what's in front of them, and ggg was still finding a way to land his share of punches.
                      At the end of the day, looking at the fight as a whole and judging who edged who in what category of scoring criteria, means next to nothing. Boxing is scored round by round, and the number of rounds each guy won was pretty damn close.....

nope, I do not agree with that spin

your earlier spin was more accurate.....

" Canelo forced ggg to adapt ".....

Canelo limited Golovkin, Golovkin did not limit Canelo

"Obviously, we wanted Golovkin to do a lot of different things,” Sanchez said during the post-fight press conference...... But when they’re in the ring, they’re gonna do the things that they see available to them. Canelo fought the fight that he needed to fight today to win."

When I talked to Gennady all along this training camp, I explained to him that I thought Canelo was gonna stand and trade with him.

“So in the fight, I was trying to have Gennady make it a fight. Instead of allowing Canelo to rest, I wanted him to fight more.
                      "

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      Personally, I have no problem with a couple of points either way...it's when scores start getting wider, that you can tell people are changing their scoring criteria from round to round just to give it to the guy they want to win.

nobody can " change their scoring criteria "

that is impossible

the official scoring criteria is.....

* clean hard punching
                      * effective aggression
                      * ring generalship
                      * defence

1) which of those scoring criteria covers jabs ?

2) which of those scoring criteria did Golovkin win ?
                      clean hard punching, effective aggression, and defence..... were obviously won by Canelo

and so was ring generalship..... the other guy got limited, controlled, backed up, and then beaten up..... he could not stick to his gameplan, and he could not follow his corner's instructions..... NONE OF THAT HAPPENED TO CANELO LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X