Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Is GGG going to take a fight at 168, that is not Callum Smith? Lol! Why is there no talk about a catch-weight for Callum Smith? GGG knew Ward would destroy him!
    How many years ago was this Andre Ward bull*****? GGG is 37 years old now. Maybe he's getting tired of getting down to 160.

That's why it didn't happen! That's why it could only happen @ 164! I'm not mad at him! Risk vs. Reward! Canelo and Cotto, coming up from 154, were lower risk, and higher reward!
    Much higher reward. Much higher. He got a 45% of the fighters portion of the purse for the rematch. It was a more meaningful fight for a hell of a lot more money. I think Andre Ward only earned like $5 million for the first fight with Kovalev. GGG doubled that in the first fight with Canelo when he had a smaller portion of the cut. He had a 45% cut for the rematch which sold more than 3x what both Ward/Kovalev fights did combined and I think it was at a higher price point.
    Last edited by yankees7448; 12-10-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
      Dude are you really that stupid. Guys move up if/when the opportunity is there. That is usually a money opportunity. GGG tried to move up a few times for big money fights, never came through. So he stayed at 160 where he had a better chance of big money fights - with Canelo or Cotto. Some people's inability to think critically and analyse things is troubling.
      They don't want to think because if they did they won't like the results. They just like to pile on like five year olds.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        They don't want to think because if they did they won't like the results. They just like to pile on like five year olds.
        Perhaps you're right Tony. Honestly not sure sometimes if it is due to ignorance or inability.

Comment

Ward is a fraud you dumb mc. Lol reading posts from you dumb sub 80 IQ people is absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't believe you were all that stupid unless I had to read all your dumbass posts from different IDs.

Not even enough time to correct all your dumbass comments. And besides what's the point. You're too stupid to learn anyway.
          Ward is a fraud? ..tell yourself whatever you need to worship to your ggg shrine.
          Its been beaten to death why ggg is a hype job.
          Let's check back in when ggg gets exposed again... Or if he ducks �� or if he ever fights someone who is actually favored to beat him (aka ggg was the underdog in the fight)
          I mean Vegas must be in on it that ggg never beat anyone p4p. It's a big conspiracy! Call the police! It can't be that ggg is a good Ole businessman hype job with lyin Tom (didn't he just get exposed for lying again) and Abel "ggg lost" sanchez
          Last edited by Dontbeahater; 12-10-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
            Ward is a fraud? ..tell yourself whatever you need to worship to your ggg shrine.
            Let's check back in when ggg gets exposed again... Or if he ducks 🦆 or if he ever fights someone an underdog.
            I mean Vegas must be in on it that ggg never beat anyone p4p. It's a big conspiracy! Call the police!
            Your IQ is legitimately close to 80. I can tell from your incoherent posts. Why should I care what your opinion is on anything? You're a literal imbecile.

Comment

Yes the guy who beat multiple p4p fighters should meet ggg, the guy who has never best any, in the middle. Ggg did get a draw with p4p Canelo (technically)
              Ward was the one calling out GGG and he was the one who had became irrelevant from long periods of inactivity. No one is denying Ward's accomplishments or his skill but the Super 6 tournament ended in 2011. That's an eternity in boxing.

Now ggg needs time to get used to 168...even though it was ggg who said he would unify mw, didn't need to move up, could beat everyone from 154 to 168,etc. You just ignore all those facts.
              I was arguing with another guy who shat on GGG for fighting Dominic Wade. I pointed out that Wade was a mandatory challenger while Andre Ward CHOSE to fight Alexander Brand. That's when he was all like....well he had to get used to the weight before he fought Kovalev. That's when I posted about how GGG should have gotten some fights at 168 before fighting Ward even though you haters demanded he jump right in there with him. Don't take my points out of context. If its ok to excuse Ward for fighting Brand to get used to 175 its ok for me to suggest GGG should have gotten at least one fight at 168 before fighting Ward.

Blame ggg for not fighting ward. Maybe ggg thought it wasn't enough money to risk an L. Isn't it obvious?
              I don't blame either guy. I just point out that Ward was pissing in the wind. He was irrelevant and trying to ride GGG's burgeoning stardom back into relevancy. It was a marketing decision. Bizness. As far as he was concerned if he got the fight with GGG great. But at the very least he got his name on people's lips talking about fighting GGG at a weight he hadn't made since 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                what is made up about that list..... ?
                tell us again how Golovkin graciously offered Ward a catchweight, you ass-clown
                Go eat a d!ck. We have our own back and forth in the other topic. I'll deal with your troll a$$ there. I don't want your bull***** to kill another thread.

Comment

Let's check back in when ggg gets exposed again... Or if he ducks �� or if he ever fights someone who is actually favored to beat him (aka ggg was the underdog in the fight)
                  I mean Vegas must be in on it that ggg never beat anyone p4p. It's a big conspiracy! Call the police! It can't be that ggg is a good Ole businessman hype job with lyin Tom (didn't he just get exposed for lying again) and Abel "ggg lost" sanchez
                  Anyone who tries to say GGG is a 'hypejob' at this point is just either a complete troll or a complete idiot, or both. No way any intelligent objective person could look at his boxing resume and say anything other than 'man this guy has had a great career.' You and your tribe's inability to give credit where it is due just makes you look even dumber.

You write like a 15 year old or someone with a very low IQ so why should anyone listen to anything you have to say? Pick up a book or something dude. You are embarrassing.

Btw - very rarely does anyone beat anyone else on the top 10 pfp list. Very rarely are two guys from the same division in that list, and even then they don't always fight. Often times when they do fight, great fighters usually split those results. Look at Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, Duran fights, etc.

Ward's best wins are over Kessler (probably should have honestly been DQd, but wasn't because it was in Oakland)...a 7-5 win over Froch, who he matches up great against. And that's really it. The first fight he lost to Kov and the second is tainted at this point anyway.

Not to mention the Barrera and Bika fights. I've actually watched those fights, have you? I've watched about 100 rounds of Ward fights and I legitimately have hardly ever seen a round, against good competition, where my initial reaction is 'OK that's a Ward round.' And I have no personal bias against him or fighters who fight like him. I have my own issues with Floyd but I can say that I certainly saw him clearly win a lot of fights, and a lot of clear rounds. Ward unfortunately was not on that level at all.
                  Last edited by Boxing-1013; 12-10-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    Ggg won the damn fight whixh is why almost none of the media scored it for canelo
                    No, he didn’t win the damn fight 😂

Comment

Dude how do you say Canelo won that fight and was outworking GGG? GGG won the punch count by 30 punches overall and won rd by rd counts in 8 rounds, including the first 5.
                      Because boxing is scored on a round by round basis. I scored the fight at home and I tried really hard not to let the fact that GGG is my favorite fighter cloud my judgement. I couldn't give him more rounds than Canelo. I thought he gave up too many rounds in the middle of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X