Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    I would like to know why, from the opening bell he retreated from Canelo in 2nd fight? Esp., after calling out Canelo for not previously staying in the pocket.

Did Canelo all of a sudden get much stronger? Did GGG lose his punch resistance or reflexes?

GGG came on in the last few rds, and may have eked out a draw, not afforded to him. But he retreated for the first few rds? Why?
    It's not rocket science. It's because Canelo was beating the shyt out of him in the pocket his face swole up by round 2. Canelo changed his tactics after all the crying for Mexican style and GGG had no answer and realized early if he fights Mexican Style he was going to get folded up so he decided to back up and box from the outside to try and keep canelo off him. His own trainer told him this was stupid and to stop backing up from canelo and fight him. Round after round he told Sanchez ok but refused to do it. After the fight Sanchez said the way GGG fought wasn't the game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
      Sorry but I had GGG by 3 rds in the first fight, and I think that was a "gift" to be diplomatic. Second fight was a tossup. Canelo clearly winning the first few rds,with GGG coming on later and Canelo gassing.
      So for me first was a clear GGG win, 2nd was a draw.
      GGG cannot win in LV, maybe USA.

But he may also be near done, like Kovalev now.
      If you had ggg 9 rounds to 3 then your a Byrd Jr. And I dont think you know sht about scoring boxing fights. What 3 rounds did you GIFT Canelo??? I can use a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        Andre Ward hadn't made 168 since 2013. He should have stayed at 168 if he wanted GGG so badly. There were plenty of quality fighters there to keep him busy like Carl Froch, the Dirrell Brothers, Lucien Bute, James DeGeale, George Groves, Badou Jack, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Gilberto Ramirez.

But Ward moved up. He fought Sergei Kovalev which I give him mad props for but if he wanted the GGG fight there were plenty of quality fights he could have had to keep himself busy and in shape in the meantime. He chose not to.
        He won the Super Six, and already beat Carl Froch in 2011. GGG had an offer in 2015 that would've allowed him to fight Lemieux, and then Ward next! GGG also wanted a catch-weight with Ward @ 164, but he was willing to go to the full 168 for Froch or Chavez...WEAK!

https://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nati...minutes--96761

Comment

Golovkin should drop Sanchez, he will ruins his last years with his big bear altitude training camps.

Even Fury went down to los Angeles to peak up. That training is all wrong for a 37 year old dude.

And I doubt Sanchez will learn GGG something new when it comes to skill.

I know he trains Jacobs and derev but Rozier would be perfect for g.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Not in Vegas with GBP judges, and he knows Canelo won't fight him anywhere else.
            Always blaming something aren't you??? You and fkn EXCUSES are like peanut butter and jelly....

This clown and his excuses. Dont you owe someone $$$$ You took GGG by early KO. How that work out???

Comment

He fights Canelo again, and he’s going out. He was doubled over in the last fight from the body shots as it is. Canelo will mess him up in a third fight. AND... 2-3 years?? Lol he won’t be ABEL to do that lol. Sanchez is a funny dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                I think he knew while Canelo was fresh he was beating him to the punch almost everytime.
                Plus them punches from Nelo certainly looked like they could do alot of damage.
                GGG had to wait till Nelo slowed down abit for him to start doing any damage.
                I don't think GGG can beat Csnelo now and GGG probably knows this.
                GGG trainer Able Sanchez answer when directly asked was why GGG was backing up from Canelo after they demanded Mexican Style talk and was that the game plan you had.

“I wanted Golovkin to fight Canelo. If Canelo was gonna stand in the middle of the ring, I wanted him to fight Canelo. He decided it was better to do the things that he did." - Able Sanchez

Asked a follow up on why he did that

“If I start to make excuses about Golovkin, then I’m taking away from the victory of Canelo, and that’s ridiculous. We as coaches can only coach them and do the best we can in the gym and have a game plan. When we get in there, they see things that maybe are better for them. We can’t force them to do something they don’t want to do." - Able Sanchez

The last sentence says it all. Sanchez also told reporters after the fight he was not caught off guard that canelo came forward said that they had a game plan going in for that. GGG just couldn't do what he was told before or during the fight. Watch the fight and pay attention to the instructions in both corners every round. By round 3 Sanchez began to panic and round after round told GGG what to do and he would say ok or shake his head yes then get whooped not changing a thing.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 12-10-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  He won the Super Six, and already beat Carl Froch in 2011. GGG had an offer in 2015 that would've allowed him to fight Lemieux, and then Ward next! GGG also wanted a catch-weight with Ward @ 164, but he was willing to go to the full 168 for Froch or Chavez...WEAK!

https://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nati...minutes--96761
                  Yeah he forgot to mention that BS!!! And Chavez Jr. Also... Which was July 19th 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    GGG trainer Able Sanchez answer when directly asked was why GGG was backing up from Canelo after they demanded Mexican Style talk and was that the game plan you had.

“I wanted Golovkin to fight Canelo. If Canelo was gonna stand in the middle of the ring, I wanted him to fight Canelo. He decided it was better to do the things that he did." - Able Sanchez

Asked a follow up on why he did that

“If I start to make excuses about Golovkin, then I’m taking away from the victory of Canelo, and that’s ridiculous. We as coaches can only coach them and do the best we can in the gym and have a game plan. When we get in there, they see things that maybe are better for them. We can’t force them to do something they don’t want to do." - Able Sanchez

The last sentence says it all. Sanchez also told reporters after the fight he was not caught off guard that canelo came forward said that they had a game plan going in for that. GGG just couldn't do what he was told before or during the fight. Watch the fight and pay attention to the instructions in both corners every round. By round 3 Sanchez began to panic and round after round told GGG what to do and he would say ok or shake his head yes then get whooped not changing a thing.
                    When your own trainer admits you lost most ppl would STFU! But not GGGtards. Almsot dumber than PacStains.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      When your own trainer admits you lost most ppl would STFU! But not GGGtards. Almsot dumber than PacStains.
                      His own trainer not only told the world you didn't win but basically said you lost because you were too scared you would get knocked out by canelo. That you backed out a Mexican Style fight that you demanded and bytched up by retreating and jabbing. Sanchez wanted to make sure the world knows that puzzzy decision to fight like that had nothing to do with him and was all GGG's idea LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X