Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Seriously people are never going to STFU about that fight. Regardless of how unrealistic it was to coming to fruition. Ward by his own admission struggled to make 172 for smith. Also comparing Canelo moving up to fight Fielding (LMFAO) to Golovkin fighting Ward is hilarious..seriously hilarious.
    How so? Canelo started at 140 ***ing pounds and fighting at 168 is a big accomplishment, weather it is Fielding or other guy at 168, GGG fought at 160 even in the amateurs that says all.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Dude Ward almost didn't make weight for the Smith fight, as disciplined as that man is there is no way he was going to be able to cut an additional four pounds. Ward is a legend in his own right, true american classic boxer but let's not get it twisted all the discipline in the world is not going to negate age and innactivity. Ward in no way shape or form was making 168 safely or in good health to go into a ring. Sorry to break it to ya'll. Also great is objectively a personal preference. Plenty think he's great, hell there are still people who think Broner is a great fighter. Different strokes for different folks. Everyone has their bar for measuring greatness.

rubbish, he made weight just fine

Ward/Smith was at 172 for a very good reason

Ward stated that he is making his way back down to 168, but will take an interim fight at 172..... because he had been inactive, had put on weight..... and he wanted to lose the rest safely over the course of two fights

that fight was there for Golovkin to take, but Mr "anyone from 154-168" (ironically) shat the bed over weight

from a Golovkin fans perspective..... insisting that Ward could not even make 168, but forgetting that negotiation died because Golovkin demanded 164..... is highly amusing

#excuses

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
        I think he knew while Canelo was fresh he was beating him to the punch almost everytime.
        Plus them punches from Nelo certainly looked like they could do alot of damage.
        GGG had to wait till Nelo slowed down abit for him to start doing any damage.
        I don't think GGG can beat Csnelo now and GGG probably knows this.
        Lol...he outlanded Canelo in 8 rounds I believe...including the first 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          GGG should've went to 168 for Ward! That was a legacy move! Instead he sat around fighting bums, waiting on Canelo to move up! Now that Canelo is moving up, he's thinking of doing the same! A day late, and a dollar short!
          Lol come on with that stale ass ****!! Ward is notorious for ducking throughout his career, and for being impossible to deal with. Some people are so tribal with rooting for their guy that they are unable to see facts right in front of them. Ward is a tough smart guy but he is a half-way crook!! It is obvious. Can't believe a word he says. Besides he was overrated, protected anyway (only fought in his literal own backyard, grinds out 12 round fights against everyone). And fighting him pays peanuts anyway. GGG fought Canelo twice and got paid, hardly a dollar short MC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
            5 - 6 more fights ? 2 - 3 more years for a guy who's 36 doesn't sound too good.
            Sounds like Abel's trying to get the most out of his cash cow before the well drys up.
            Dries** _______________

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              It's not rocket science. It's because Canelo was beating the shyt out of him in the pocket his face swole up by round 2. Canelo changed his tactics after all the crying for Mexican style and GGG had no answer and realized early if he fights Mexican Style he was going to get folded up so he decided to back up and box from the outside to try and keep canelo off him. His own trainer told him this was stupid and to stop backing up from canelo and fight him. Round after round he told Sanchez ok but refused to do it. After the fight Sanchez said the way GGG fought wasn't the game plan.
              Lol where do y'all honestly get this false narrative from? Canelo did better in the 2nd fight, and did impressively take the fight to GGG in the 2nd fight at times. But for the totality of the fight GGG was the clear aggressor. And the one round in memory where Canelo tried to walk GGG down, round 5 I believe, GGG boxed and moved beautifully and outlanded Canelo by about 8 punches I believe (although somehow in Vegas against Canelo, Canelo won round 5 on all 3 judges cards...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                He won the Super Six, and already beat Carl Froch in 2011. GGG had an offer in 2015 that would've allowed him to fight Lemieux, and then Ward next! GGG also wanted a catch-weight with Ward @ 164, but he was willing to go to the full 168 for Froch or Chavez...WEAK!

https://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nati...minutes--96761
                Dude...come on... I know deep down you're smarter than that. There are many ways to turn down a fight, and sending an offer immediately after a guy signs a fight is one way, especially when everyone knew Cotto or Canelo was next after Lemieux (GGG ended up getting step-aside money).

This is on top the fact that Ward initially wanted 3 fights to get ready for GGG. And on top of the fact that Ward was the clear B side in 2015 but was acting like the A side? Come on. Ward was clearly using GGG's name here to try and raise his own profile, the same thing dozens of fighters have been doing to GGG for the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  GGG trainer Able Sanchez answer when directly asked was why GGG was backing up from Canelo after they demanded Mexican Style talk and was that the game plan you had.

“I wanted Golovkin to fight Canelo. If Canelo was gonna stand in the middle of the ring, I wanted him to fight Canelo. He decided it was better to do the things that he did." - Able Sanchez

Asked a follow up on why he did that

“If I start to make excuses about Golovkin, then I’m taking away from the victory of Canelo, and that’s ridiculous. We as coaches can only coach them and do the best we can in the gym and have a game plan. When we get in there, they see things that maybe are better for them. We can’t force them to do something they don’t want to do." - Able Sanchez

The last sentence says it all. Sanchez also told reporters after the fight he was not caught off guard that canelo came forward said that they had a game plan going in for that. GGG just couldn't do what he was told before or during the fight. Watch the fight and pay attention to the instructions in both corners every round. By round 3 Sanchez began to panic and round after round told GGG what to do and he would say ok or shake his head yes then get whooped not changing a thing.
                  Sanchez knew fighting a close enough fight (even though still a clear GGG win) in Vegas meant GGG would lose. He outlanded Canelo in the first 6 rounds each. Only reason he would have any 'worry or panic' is because he knew if it was close enough they would get robbed.

Comment

• Only if he fights Clembutenelo’s type of fighters: Liam Smith, Angulo, N’dam, etc at 160. There is no way GGG will have enough to fight Charlo, BJS, Collum, Jacobs or Zurdo. If he does, whether he loses or wins, he’ll become a HOF without a doubt. He’s already a HOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      You mean back December 2015 when he was Canelo's mandatory. Yea sure, who wouldn't turn down chance a 6 figure payday against Canelo to move up a division and fight for peanuts against a guy who headlined a card on BET.

*****ing haters. Hating on someone for doing something anyone else would do if they had the choice. You better believe if Canelo offered Ward a 164 pound catchweight fight Ward would have taken that in half a second. He would have castrated himself in order to make sure he hits the weight. *****ing Andre Ward said he would come down to 160 to fight Floyd. So GTFO here with your nonsense. Ward thought he'd make enough money fighting Floyd to risk the huge weight cut. He didn't think he'd make enough money fighting GGG to risk the weight cut. GGG knew he'd make enough money from Chavez Jr or Froch to justify being at a weight disadvantage. GGG knew Ward wouldn't earn him anywhere near as much so he asked Ward to meet him in the middle. Everyone knows you bow to the A-side when you want that payday. Simple as that.
                      Stop speaking facts on here man. Hard to see how these fools will argue this with you but somehow I know they will lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X