No announcement yet.

Glaser says Stevenson's condition has gotten worse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Is this legit or standard Glaser? Isn't he a known fibber &/or embellisher?

But everyone knows boxing is dangerous. Its part of the sport. And its highly f#cked up when a severe injury or death happens, but gtfo with this "easy fight" theory on boxing. The sport of boxing is already weaker than it should be cuz mfers don't fight each other enough. Fair play to those who don't wanna risk severe injury or death, but I'm tired of this bs fight logic some fans have nowaways that sounds like some stockholm syndrome type sh^t.

And if this news is true it might be for the best for Adonis. I've always said I'd rather die than live at the mercy of my loved ones & in a diminished state. If this injury is going to leave Adonis living like a shadow of who he was I'd bet if he could make the call he'd have preferred to have just died then to live like he may have to live from here out.
    He’s just rehashing what’s already known in industry circles.

Comment

These fighters know what can happen inside that ring...Adonis was fully aware of it. It's sad ofc but let's not pretend like this is happening because of the fans. Alot of people on here actually advised Adonis to retire. It's a risk he took by stepping in the Ring at 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        It doesn't take a medical degree to surmise that it's not looking good. A severe traumatic brain injury plus over a week in a coma doesn't typically result in the individual waking up like nothing happened.
        Exactly...he’s gonna have some brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
          some people just cant handle the truth every choice in life has a positive or negative outcome . Nobody force Stevenson to fight it was all his choice and rember when he was knocking out guys he didn't give a dam about there health but he got knock the hell out and paid a big price THAT WAS ALL ON HIM Stevenson took the gamble for money and fame and lost he will never be the same wont be surprise if he dies .
          Yeah. Stevenson was known for celebrating loudly everytime he KO´d someone and showing no concern at all

I remember him doing a backflip out of joy while his opponent was lying on the canvas completely iced once....some people called him a POS for doing that. I dont remember what fighter was though

anyway, this is terrible news but to quote mexican champion Lupe Pintor after he KILLED that Owen dude from UK...

¨What happened is very sad and regrettable, but it's a risk every one of us takes everytime we get in the ring¨

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            This topic is barely being covered because boxing fears a negative backlash. a top tier boxer just became a vegetable and there hasn't been in depth coverage. with all these TV deals and exposure the sport is getting this will reignite calls to ban the sport. this tragedy is being swept under the rug.
            Headgear will likely be standard for the sport eventually. The thing is, boxing isn't just a sport , it's also a fight and people are meant to get hurt for our enjoyment, not just score points on a padded body like in fencing

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              who cars what they get paid??? they risk their damn lives to entertain bums who cant fight to save their damn lives and 90 percent never see close to a millions and they dont only fight in the ring they take most of their punishment during training...
              Would you say the same about a guy who didn’t give his all on the football field cuz he was scared of getting injured. I get what you’re saying about guys risking their health and all, but if you choose to play the game, it can come at a price. The sport wouldn’t be much to watch if every fighter was safety first...it would be like watching tame sparring sessions. The threat of violence, the presence of danger and killer instinct is what attracts people to combat sports. A 41yr old man has no business taking blows to the head anyway.

Comment

On Saturday Mauricio Sulaiman wrote:
                ... The process of recovery has begun as medication is lowered expecting our champion's positive reaction.
                And yesterday Stevenson's fiancee (or is she his wife? I'm not sure) posted:
                Praying for a miracle
                That does sound like there were complications, unfortunately...

Comment

Originally posted by pittapatta66 View Post
                  Headgear will likely be standard for the sport eventually. The thing is, boxing isn't just a sport , it's also a fight and people are meant to get hurt for our enjoyment, not just score points on a padded body like in fencing
                  i highly doubt that...headgear was just recently removed from olympic boxing, why would it be added to pro boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    i highly doubt that...headgear was just recently removed from olympic boxing, why would it be added to pro boxing?
                    Why would it be added to pro boxing? Because... *Starts car engine, speeds off

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      People slam these fighters for "FIGHTING SAFE" when they themselves avoid fights... every fight and every sparring session can end these guys lives and all they get is "GET WELL SOON" on a boxing forum from the very same fans who slam them when they consider their own lives!!!... you can be on top of the world one day and fighting for your life the next in this sport!!!
                      So what the Fuk do you want the fans to do about. Don’t forget these same fans are the reason they make millions too.

The fans didn’t force them into doing this. It was a personal choice.

Look, what has happened to that pimp boxer Stevenson is unfortunate but it’s not the fans fault.

If these fighters want to make millions they have to fight the fights that interest the fans. It’s a choice they make not a choice the fans make for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X