Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loma losing his athleticism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens to us all once we go past 30.

His ring intelligence will continue to grow, and you probably won't notice any real decline for a couple of years.

No man can hold back the hands of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      Where was the slow performance? LMAO this ***** is hilarious.
      just replying to this thread...why attack me?

Comment

Andre Ward gave an interview after the fight saying he was not surprised that Loma was not 100% because shoulder surgery knocks you off your top step for at least a year.

Comment

Pedraza fought a good fight honestly. He mimicked a lot of what Loma likes to do, like mirroring his movements. Pedraza did his homework and really showed up.

As for Loma, I still think he looked good. It took a little more patience to get the angles he wanted, but he wasn't befuddled or catching a many shots. His left hand was very precise when he let it go. People are blowing **** out of proportion bc he didn't blow Pedraza out. Loma's defense was good until about the 10th round where he caught a few good shots. It didn't take long for Loma to up his game and check if Pedraza tired himself out in the 10th. It was a good performance, it just didn't end sensational.

Comment

Loma’s style requires alot of athleticism and with the amount of fights he’s had as an amateur, i can see him starting to slow down.

I wouldnt be so quick to judge him though. I dont know why people are ignoring his layoff and injury. I remember guys on here were talking about how serious shoulder injuries can be , and they really can be career threatening.

Pedraza isnt some bum and loma chose him as first fight back. He didnt look stunning yet he did dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              just replying to this thread...why attack me?
              I'm laughing at these guys with you.

Comment

Didn’t look like he lost a step to me. Lol If Loma lost any kind of edge, it was, as some have pointed out, because of the surgery and subsequent recovery time. Vasyl turns 31 in February, and his style is extremely athletic. I think it’ll be evident when the decline starts.

Comment

Maybe after the surgery he wasn't sure of his stamina. But he sure looked athletic when he turned it on in the 11th rd.

Comment

Quality bait

Comment

Did you see him in the 12th round? Guy was throwing like it was the 1st.

He has had major surgery to one of my most important areas, physically for a Boxer against a guy who was just in there to survive and make it ugly really.

He won almost every minute of that fight, didn't look threatened, dominated it in every way and still put his foot on the gas when he wanted to. Give him a break.

That being said, I think athletically he will only decline from here, the small guys tend to decline a few years earlier. He has had a LOT of fights in Boxing (amateur). He is so gifted that it won't really be a big deal until he hits like 33ish. He stays in top shape year round, has amazing ring i.q, lives the life of an athlete and is a naturally gifted athlete.

I think he should not dare go above 135lbs though, he is pretty small at 135lbs. He's like Floyd was at 154lbs, only really successful because of how supremely gifted he is, anyone else their size in those weight divisions would have got bullied.

Comment

Working...
                      X