Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: End of an Era - HBO Boxing's final farewell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn... **** boxing fans for being so broke and not supportive with the sport you like. You all killed HBO. Congratulations. The blood is in your hands and faces .

Comment

HBO Farewell/Send off video - Jim, Max and Roy emotional [21 minutes]

This is fantastic. First time I've seen Roy emotional.

**Thread merged**

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        I've never cared about networks, but I know a lot of boxing fans were hoping for HBO or Showtime to die, so why all this crying for here? You get what you want
        Those aren't real fans. The people who had issue with HBO, generally speaking, were new to the sport and perceived too much of everything as hbo vs al haymon. HBO Boxing was bigger than that. It had much more history to it than Mayweather vs Pacquiao. There's a lot of incredible moments to be missed and remembered.

That was a very nice special on HBO Boxing.

Comment

Thank you for posting this, I was only able to catch about the last half of this montage last night. Sad end of an era, get goosebumps watching it all. RIP HBO Boxing

Comment

Thanks for posting. I missed it last night.

Comment

They should've brought Merchant back for one last show.

Comment

I am very feel right now.

Comment

This is just incredibly sad it feels surreal. Saturday nights wont feel the same without HBO Boxing

Comment

It’s sad but I have a hunch they’ll be back.

Comment

It's sad that people just accepted this and swallowed the official line from HBO. They said they're going to refocus their energy on producing high-quality TV programming. Doesn't make sense. The golden era of HBO was during the Sopranos, Oz, Wire era and they were even able to give Deadwood a final season when it was nose-diving and they still had a massive boxing budget. And probably a bigger one with Game of Thrones going mainstream. I don't buy it. It was a cost cutting exercise by the new head of programming, a pure business move with no regard for its history, he didn't even have the decency to give it a standing count, and no...it wasn't "necessary" - different exec with a slight interest in boxing could have made an entirely different decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X