No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Talks To Begin Next Week, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    You seem keen on money talk, tell us how much they both made from their last fight. Fury regardless of money might want the fight in the UK, and if the rematch contract says so then it would be happening in the UK unless Fury is getting the lion share of the money to fight in america again.
    How much they made? By all accounts they were set to make 8 figures each if the fight did 250k US buys. Obviously it surpassed that amount. Now, no clue how much it did in the UK but I believe they were expecting to do at least 300-400k buys.

Again, if it said in the contract that the rematch would happen in the UK, then why would there even be a question where it would take place at? Why would Vegas be even mentioned. I mean if it did indeed say that (not sure if it did or not), then it should be a no-brainier that it is a UK fight.

Get the lion share of money if it is in the states? No, that isn't going to happen. It will be another 50/50 split, or at least close to one.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      How much they made? By all accounts they were set to make 8 figures each if the fight did 250k US buys. Obviously it surpassed that amount. Now, no clue how much it did in the UK but I believe they were expecting to do at least 300-400k buys.
      Like Warren said they are pushing for the fight in the UK, they both didn't touch 10m dollars each in their last fight. They can make double what they made in their last fight over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Like Warren said they are pushing for the fight in the UK, they both didn't touch 10m dollars each in their last fight. They can make double what they made in their last fight over here.
        Oh yeah? They didn't touch $10 million?

Sure, and it makes all the sense in the world for Warren to push for the fight in the UK. That has never been disputed by anyone. HOWEVER, they can't make more money in the UK opposed to this fight taking place in Vegas and if it was set in stone that the rematch would take place in the UK, then there shouldn't be any dispute where it takes place. There should be no debate or anything as it was written in the contract. Now, could very possibly be that the rematch was only set if either fighter won and it becomes void with the draw. I don't know, but if I had to guess the percentage it takes place in the states compared to the UK, I'd say it is 80/20.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Again, if it said in the contract that the rematch would happen in the UK, then why would there even be a question where it would take place at? Why would Vegas be even mentioned. I mean if it did indeed say that (not sure if it did or not), then it should be a no-brainier that it is a UK fight.

Get the lion share of money if it is in the states? No, that isn't going to happen. It will be another 50/50 split, or at least close to one.

The 325K US buys are equivalent to 975K UK buys. If you add your projected UK buys to the pot then this fight did 1.275-1.375M UK equivalent buys. If the rematch happens in the UK, not only are you missing out on the higher live gate revenue, but you're also banking on selling 1.275-1.375 PPVs in the UK as you're not gonna have an afternoon PPV in the US. At least not a successful one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            The 325K US buys are equivalent to 975K UK buys. If you add your projected UK buys to the pot then this fight did 1.275-1.375M UK equivalent buys. If the rematch happens in the UK, not only are you missing out on the higher live gate revenue, but you're also banking on selling 1.275-1.375 PPVs in the UK as you're not gonna have an afternoon PPV in the US. At least not a successful one.
            Yeah, I'll give a little breakdown here to show the difference between this fight taking place in the UK or in Vegas and how much the PPV will have to do in the UK and live gate to make it worth it:

I'm going to be super conservative with my prediction here but let's say the live gate is $10 million and the PPV only does 600k buys (Vegas):

US buys 600,000*75 = 45,000,000/2, = 22,500,000
            UK buys 600,000*25.5 = 15,300,000/2 = 7,650,000

Live gate $10 million, sponsorship+international revenue $5 million. So in total after cable distributors get their split, you make about $45 million.

Now, if it takes place in the UK:

UK buys 1,500,000 *25.5 = 38,250,000/2 = 19,125,000
            US license fee for the fight $5 million
            International revenue/sponsorship =$10 million

And I was actually giving the benefit of the doubt with my UK numbers, and they still aren't close to what the fight would be with my conservative Vegas numbers. Now, one thing that can make it closer is if SHO tries an afternoon PPV for the rematch. That has never really happened, but they can try it. Could potentially do like 250k buys, and that gets you about $9-10 million.

Like Arum said on Saturday, the difference is you are profiting $37 dollars per buy in the states compared to only $13 in the UK. That is a HUGE difference. You would have to damn near do 4x the PPV buys in the UK opposed to the US to make up the difference once you account for it still being a UK PPV even at 4 am. If Fury and his camp don't care for the additional revenue in Vegas than fair enough. Just have a hard time seeing Finkel/Haymon being okay with it though.

Comment

Btw, there is a Warren interview on IFL TV. I can't watch it until after work, but I'm sure he will give some details on the rematch clause or where the fight will take place at.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                Lmao.. Number one vs number two.. will fight again in may.. who can your king fight next in april? Whyte or chisora?.. lol. Both get zero respect across the pond. I'll continue to watch the best fight the best. I'll take Wilder vs Fury 2!, Ortiz vs joyce over AJ vs Anyone on matchroom anyday!
                True...... but Ortiz is a nobody. The only offensive fighter ever to fight Wilder in his illustrious career and nearly knocked him out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  True...... but Ortiz is a nobody. The only offensive fighter ever to fight Wilder in his illustrious career and nearly knocked him out too.
                  Nearly? ..wow.. Wilder didn't even go down. Ur showing ur true hate and fear of the bronze bomber now.. Wilder was buzzed.. so what.. he didn't touch the canvas so how was he "Nearly" knocked out??? U the type that brags about "nearly" sleeping with a girl. Lol. Everybody in America know.. Nearly don't count! With that same logic I can say tyson nearly died in the 12th rd. Lol. AJ nearly died in the 1st rd vs Povetkin.. see how that works!
                  Last edited by 5000boxing; 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    If more Americans know Fury than AJ then maybe Fury should get that 50mill, yes?
                    Fury didn't ask for $50m.

If the guarantees reflect the split, the first fight was apparently 60/40 Wilder, and the rematch likely split 50/50.

Share and share alike, on a fair split for both fighters, like a normal negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Fury didn't ask for $50m.

If the guarantees reflect the split, the first fight was apparently 60/40 Wilder, and the rematch likely split 50/50.

Share and share alike, on a fair split for both fighters, like a normal negotiation.

So all he has to do is ask for $50m?

If Fury is thr bigger draw than AJ in the US then surely he should get the same or more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X