No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Talks To Begin Next Week, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Not gonna cash Wilder out to Joshua, eh?
    Who knows what they want, next minute they would tell us they don't want Fury rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Who knows what they want, next minute they would tell us they don't want Fury rematch.
      No one ever said they want Joshua next. It ain’t happening. But you have to have a good pulse on what’s occurring to see that.

Comment

This fight should happen in the UK, if it doesn't then there is no point.
        Not going to happen. And why would there be no point of the fight happening if it takes place in Vegas? How about the fact both will be making at least double what they made in the first fight and the rematch being a huge fight that damn near everyone wants to see? I mean I guess you can have it in the UK, but it has to be a stadium fight that will also run as a PPV during the afternoon in the states. You just won't make as much from the gate and the UK PPVs to make it worth not fighting in Vegas IMO. The live gate should be around $10 million or more for the rematch in Vegas and then you are talking about potentially a million buys at $75 dollars. Where can you make up that difference at in the UK? I think it will do like 800k buys there as it is, but will it do over 2 million buys if it takes place at 11 PM instead of 4 am? Don't see that happening. I mean they can raise the PPV price and the ticket prices, but will they do that?

We are getting the rematch for May or at the latest June. And it's going to be a highly anticipated mega event. I personally can't wait for it.

Joshua in the mean time can fight Whyte and then Usyk in 2019. Hearn said his mandatory isn't due until 2020 so he should be good there. And by the time his mandatory is due, he can just fight the winner of Wilder/Fury then .

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          No one ever said they want Joshua next. It ain’t happening. But you have to have a good pulse on what’s occurring to see that.
          We shall see. Whether they have pulse or not all shall be revealed soon.

Comment

We shall see. Whether they have pulse or not all shall be revealed soon.
            We sure will.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Not going to happen. And why would there be no point of the fight happening if it takes place in Vegas?
              We shall see, no one knows what is in the contract for their rematch especially since the fight ended up been a "Draw".. Fury might not want to be put in the same position again with the judges, Wilder has claimed he is willing to travel, so it shouldn't bother anyone if they both get the fight done in the UK. They have already done the first one in america.

Comment

wait til its signed... we've all seen this before.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  You are forgetting that the best amateur of all the fighters you just mentioned is Joshua who achieved Gold. Not bronze.The most decorated heavyweight at present is also Joshua. You had your chance in the sun and blew it. This was a fight that you were supposed to win yet you got *****ed in your own back yard. Did you see the Wilder camp jumping for joy when the draw was announced? De****able.

Now if we thump you and become the undisputed we will get no credit because amongst fight fans and media there is a tougher proposition than Birdlegs . You did this. Now don’t complain when we fix your mess
                  Lmao.. Number one vs number two.. will fight again in may.. who can your king fight next in april? Whyte or chisora?.. lol. Both get zero respect across the pond. I'll continue to watch the best fight the best. I'll take Wilder vs Fury 2!, Ortiz vs joyce over AJ vs Anyone on matchroom anyday!

Comment

We shall see, no one knows what is in the contract for their rematch especially since the fight ended up been a "Draw".. Fury might not want to be put in the same position again with the judges, Wilder has claimed he is willing to travel, so it shouldn't bother anyone if they both get the fight done in the UK. They have already done the first one in america.
                    If it was in the contract the rematch would happen in the UK, then Warren wouldn't even have mentioned Vegas. So that is a sign right there it wasn't in the contract that one fight in the states and the other in the UK. That is what Hearn was talking about with Wilder for Joshua. That the first fight takes place in the UK, and the other in the states.

Fury may not want to be in the same position with the judges? I mean his team approved of the judges. You didn't have three American judges or anything. In fact, you had a Canadian judge, Mexican judge and a British judge.

If you can point me to the additional $25-38 million that can be generated for the rematch taking place in the UK opposed to Vegas, I'm all ears for that. I actually do think Wilder would travel to the UK for that fight, but the potential revenue for this fight is heavily tailored for it taking place in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      If it was in the contract the rematch would happen in the UK, then Warren wouldn't even have mentioned Vegas. So that is a sign right there it wasn't in the contract that one fight in the states and the other in the UK. That is what Hearn was talking about with Wilder for Joshua. That the first fight takes place in the UK, and the other in the states.

Fury may not want to be in the same position with the judges? I mean his team approved of the judges. You didn't have three American judges or anything. In fact, you had a Canadian judge, Mexican judge and a British judge.

If you can point me to the additional $25-38 million that can be generated for the rematch taking place in the UK opposed to Vegas, I'm all ears for that. I actually do think Wilder would travel to the UK for that fight, but the potential revenue for this fight is heavily tailored for it taking place in Vegas.
                      You seem keen on money talk, tell us how much they both made from their last fight. Fury regardless of money might want the fight in the UK, and if the rematch contract says so then it would be happening in the UK unless Fury is getting the lion share of the money to fight in america again.

Comment

Working...
                      X