Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Really Think Lomachenko Can Beat Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Lomachenko is phenomenal, but that is at 126 and 130. At 135 he just is too small and Garcia is super skilled, fundamentally sound and punches MUCH harder than Pedraza and Linares.

My prediction is if Top Rank makes the fight by the beginning of 2020 or late 2019, Teofimo Lopez takes him out.
    I do. easily too. Lomo will beat on his best. Bookmark this thread. Lol at fundamentally sound. Fighters like that are easy pickings for lomachenko. Textbook sound fundamental guys.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      I do. easily too. Lomo will beat on his best. Bookmark this thread. Lol at fundamentally sound. Fighters like that are easy pickings for lomachenko. Textbook sound fundamental guys.
      Bookmark it, do what you do.

So Linares was easy pickings for Lomachenko huh? When you realize Garcia's positioning will be superior in the fight and he won't get out of place, you will be in for a rude awakening. And Garcia is going to land with major POP. Lomachenko isn't just coming at him like he does with other fighters. And that jab is going to be a major problem for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        True, Mikey may get tenderized by Spence. But then he will use that as an excuse to take a year off. Then come back with a tune up or two. Be lucky if we see Loma vs Mikey by late 2020. I predict Mikey will surrender at least one of his titles of Loma is a mandatory for either.
        That very well may happen but Mikey will come in damaged and Loma will more than likely have multiple advantages. I favor Loma in every circumstance post a Mikey-Spence fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Bookmark it, do what you do.

So Linares was easy pickings for Lomachenko huh? When you realize Garcia's positioning will be superior in the fight and he won't get out of place, you will be in for a rude awakening. And Garcia is going to land with major POP. Lomachenko isn't just coming at him like he does with other fighters. And that jab is going to be a major problem for him.
          I had linares winning only 2 rds. Considering he got stopped in the 9th it was a dominating performance. We'll see when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            I had linares winning only 2 rds. Considering he got stopped in the 9th it was a dominating performance. We'll see when it happens.
            Only two rounds? Okay then. Looks like we will just have to disagree there.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              So damaged goods are supposed to deal with Loma? I would not be surprised if Mikey doesn't either retire or take a few years off to recover after this loss. Loma doesn't even come into his picture.
              I was referring to the Spence fight. It will take a toll if he fights Loma next. I would favor Loma under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                That very well may happen but Mikey will come in damaged and Loma will more than likely have multiple advantages. I favor Loma in every circumstance post a Mikey-Spence fight.
                Yea. I've consistently picked Mikey in this fight as he's too damn strong and when he connects on Loma, which he will, he's going to hurt him.
                But, if he blows himself up to a legit 147, forget it. Guys are never the same after doing stuff like that and go back down. Add getting beat up by Spence, no way.

Comment

Mikey is much bigger, stronger and a more powerful puncher, but Loma has a much higher output and he's also much slicker. Anything can happen in that fight, but it's definitely a risky fight for Lomachenko.

Comment

Loma would have to fight the perfect fight. He has the ability to do so with his movement as Garcia can be stationary BUT Garcia's positioning always has him ready to strike. I don't think Loma can be as forward aggressive as he is. He would have to move backwards and maybe fight more Mayweather esque. I would definitely be on the edge of my seat. I think Loma moved up to fast and should of stayed around at lower weights unifying and then slowly filling into the higher weights. He could of easily unified the lower divisions. If he moves up any higher he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      Once Spence knocks him out he will never get the opportunity to fight Lomachenko anyway, so doesn't matter
                      We'll see.

Mikey is still WBC 135lb champion, DiBella Entertainment's Richard Commey has the inside track to hold the IBF 135lb belt, and Lomachenko has basically maxed out at 135.

Lomachenko is going to keep fighting, and being a feature fighter for Top Rank/ESPN, he can't simply fight cans every time out either.

Robert is going to let his little brother get ruined in a fight (a fight he openly didn't want him to take anyway), and Lou DiBella will weigh the best opportunity for his fighter with Showtime/CBS/FOX/FS1 and even DAZN, against what Arum is offering to bring Commey to ESPN.

The pickings are slim for Lomachenko, so I doubt he could swerve Mikey for long

Comment

Working...
                      X