Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Don't Think Mikey Garcia Can Beat Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
    The problem with your thinking is you dont have an in between. Lomachenkos resume is good because while he doesnt have any great wins, some of his wins are solid wins, including Linares. Boxers like Walter's, rigo, linares are better wins than let's say Sosa, etc.

And to top them off he won solid and dominated his past couple opponents. Even the liked of floyd or canelo or even GGG couldnt do what Lomachenko has done. Knocking out a top 10 guy in your division is tough, making them quit is even tougher.

When GGG met Brooks, Jacob's and canelo he did much better than what just looking strictly at his resume would have assumed. A Canelo in his prime was gifted a decision against GGG in his twilight years.

That's not impressive considering how people here rate boxers.
    I do actually have an in between. Looking around the boxing landscape now, there isn't one boxer I'd call GREAT. They all still have miles to go. Some with great potential.

Now all I see is OK/Good/Very Good boxers/fighters. I like some in each category, but none have separated themselves yet. I do like some classic journeymen too. My all time favorite was Emmanuel Burton/Augustus- the guy who broke Floyd's nose. Floyd said it was his hardest fight.

Anyway, enjoy the fights tonight.
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 12-08-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Why is Crawford a legit threat to Spence Jr., but Mikey is not? Mikey beat Broner and Lipinets @ 140, and Crawford beat Postol and Indongo @ 140! I call that even! Neither Mikey, nor Crawford, have proven anything @ 147, but they're both P4P Champions, and both former Jr. WW Champions in 2017, so why is one seen as legit, but the other is "not thinking right?"
      The entire Mikey Spence thing is about size and weight, Crawford is also bigger than Mikey.

But I dont think Mikey will be beat as easy as people think and other than the height Garcia is not that small, he is weighing 170lbs , he has dominated Maidana in sparring and nobody would claim size if Maidana was fighting TC or Spence.

Comment

Translation: Just like I don't think I can beat Paquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

If Pac is still even a 50% of what he used to be, at 140 or 145, he'd put Loma in a coma. It's not that Loma isn't good, he is, it's just that the weight is too much against a strong terminator like the Pacman.
          I've read your comments in this thread thus far and would back you up in these arguments against these peasants. However, I disagree here buddy. Your statement reminds me of those who said if Sergio Martinez was 50% of his former self he would bodybag cotto. How that turn out? Only factor that really means everything in boxing is determination. Pacquiao and RJJ are living proof of jumping up and down thru ranks with great success. Fack Mayweather though, I would pay to help him stay retired

Comment

This fight will be no contest for Loma!😲

Comment

WTF? Beltran and Easter would need a bat to beat Linares.

The division is dead.

Mikey is not around, Loma doesn't really belong at 135.

I can find at least 10 lightweights I think are better than Linares if I cared enough to do the research. Belts and rankings don't tell me anything, unless I agree with them. I make up my own mind.

I'd pick even Beltran or Easter to beat him. I've been watching Linares since the get. He ain't it. Davis would put him in a hospital.

What's Linares' best win? Crolla?
              It doesn't take an expert to see that both Beltran and Easter are critically flawed. They'd be a huge 20 to 1 underdog to Linares.
              Last edited by factsarenice; 12-08-2018, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Why is Crawford a legit threat to Spence Jr., but Mikey is not? Mikey beat Broner and Lipinets @ 140, and Crawford beat Postol and Indongo @ 140! I call that even! Neither Mikey, nor Crawford, have proven anything @ 147, but they're both P4P Champions, and both former Jr. WW Champions in 2017, so why is one seen as legit, but the other is "not thinking right?"
                Crawford has a larger frame to fill into. Crawford also was undisputed and had his power carry into 140. Crawford spent more than 2 fights at 140 and has shown flashes of power at 147... also Crawford has competed at 147.

Comment

I know you like Haney. He's a good fighter. Do you think he can beat Davis? I honestly want to see Davis vs anyone at 130 or 135.

By the way, what's your take on Loma-Pedraza? Do you know when it will start?
                  Loma vs. Pedraza airs @ 9:00PM EST, following right after the Heisman Award Show!

I don't think Haney has enough power, but I haven't seen Tank in there with something like Devin! I think Teofimo Lopez could be a problem for Tank too, @ 135! I wish Tank would fight Berchelt @ 130, and then move up! I also would like Haney to fight Robert Easter Jr. next too! That would've been nice for Pacquiao vs. Broner too!

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    I don't see much either.
                    Didn't his own brother advise against it?
                    I'll tell you what I think he sees.... they keep saying Mikey wanted to fight Spence since he watched him fight Lamont Peterson. So I watched that fight again a few times..... Mikey is gonna try to use the counter left hand all night. The one he knocked down Lipinets with in round 7. When Spence fought Peterson, EVERY time he threw his power left hand, to the head OR body, he drops his right hand to his waist almost. Leaving his head WIDE open for the counter left. Go watch that fight again and you'll see. Mikey is gonna try to counter the straight left of Spence, with a left hook of his own to the head..... you heard it here first! THAT is the glaring flaw that he sees in my opinion. Because that's what I saw. And it seemed quite obvious

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X