Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Sonny" Liston: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Fury. Too f ucking big.

Yeah. I said it. Gonna need more than some black and white footage to have me believe he beats a modern day giant.

He doesnt win a single round.
    Liston’s freak body gave him the same reach as Fury. People don’t understand that Liston literally had a body made for boxing. He also had to get his gloves made special because his fists were so much bigger than everyone else too

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
      1. That was a 60% at best version of fury

2. no 6'9" skilled boxer is losing to a podgy little dough boy like liston
      easily, this is boxing not wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        Nah

Liston would be plodding forward with his slow ass feet, missing by miles because he's punching at a guy with over HALF A FOOT more reach than ali, and would be constantly out of range getting hit with jabs and right hands until he broke down and quit

Wilder ONLY lived with fury because at 6'7" with long arms, he was at least able to live with furys reach

and also, that was a 60% fury at best who was STILL FAT and had beer gut and love handles

liston had a longer reach than deontay wilder.

and also, that was a tyson fury fighting deontay wilder, a fighter who you've all called a bum and who has been fighting bums.

now that fury beats him he's a litmus test you add to a post including sonny liston and muhammad ali

your card already got pulled, kid, when you made a racist troll account with thousands of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Liston’s freak body gave him the same reach as Fury. People don’t understand that Liston literally had a body made for boxing. He also had to get his gloves made special because his fists were so much bigger than everyone else too

longer reach than wilder.

bubbuuutt fury beat wilder doe

Comment

Liston won a lot by hovering over much smaller guys ,and over powering them with a jab stalking them down. Fury would offset a lot of that. A harder fight style wise for him , he would be pressured by an actual skilled fighter but I think Fury gets a knockout late.

Comment

I'm sure hand size with out dated sporting equipment will be a factor in the actual match ? What about Furys pecker , he claims to have a big one ? Ha

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                I'm sure hand size with out dated sporting equipment will be a factor in the actual match ? What about Furys pecker , he claims to have a big one ? Ha
                You don’t think having fists that are two inches wider and thicker make a difference in boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Fury was dropped by cunningham and 215lbs wilder.

Wilder basically was a cruiserweight that didnt dehydrate when he fought Fury. You got jr. welters that dehydrate 20lbs from 140 to 160. Wilder was like 15lbs or so above 200 on fight night.

You think that Liston couldnt stop Fury?

Wlad didn’t stop Fury. Neither did Wilder.

Transport that Liston to present day and he wouldnt hold a title. Not 1.

That doesn’t matter as he’s also slower.. and less skilled. And it doesnt matter if he had long reach, his legs are still much shorter. Fury has nearly a foot of height on him which is not something Liston had the ability to overcome. They’re not punching at the same target where their reach is equal. Fury just has to lean slightly away to have his head be entirely unreachable.

Liston was good in his day...and that day was not today... he would be a cruiser and he wouldnt beat Usyk either.

Time and evolution/vast improvements in sports science and training dont give a f uck about nostalgia.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                    Liston takes a dive and doesn't get up

Anyone who picks liston is living in the past

6'8" 250 pound gypsy king schools that ass all night long easily.
                    Tyson Fury does not fight like a super-heavyweight, the only person at elite level he has imposed his size on was? Steve USS Cunningham, who routinely also got pushed around at cruiser-weight. I don't think Tyson Fury is as naturally strong as Lennox Lewis, who sometimes would impose his bruit strength in clinches and bulling. So by you mentioning that Tyson Fury is 6"8 and 250 pounds, it is not really as imposing when you really break down Tyson Fury ability thus-far at elite level. Wladimir Kiltschko back him up all night, Deontay Wilder at 212 pounds back him up all night, and most likely Sonny Liston would at-least do the same 'Maybe even out Jab Tyson Fury, but not being too negative on Tyson Fury? I think he could win the fight over 12 rounds, but it would be competitive'.

Physically Tyson Fury is not really that strong in my opinion 'In comparison to other heavyweights of the past', in terms of power to weight ratio etc Deontay Wilder is not known for being rough and physically strong up close, but he was backing Tyson Fury up all night. So when people keep saying things like? Tyson Fury is too big, this is completely irrelevant.

Evander Holyfield would push him around, and so would Mike Tyson. There is a reason in my opinion why at elite level, Tyson Fury has not committed to fighting on the inside or even plating his feet for substantial amounts of time. It is not even about punching power, I am talking about raw bruit strength. We have not seen Tyson Fury push these guys around! When Lennox Lewis was out of condition, and fighting Vitali Kiltschko it was his bruit innate strength which brought him through that fight.
                    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-04-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

A new age of giant heavyweights who were actually good arrived in the 90s. Lewis being the major factor, then on to the klits, & now the present day.

The past 30yrs the longest reigning champs have generally been 6.5ft an above, which sort of tells us something. The smaller guys just cant cut it. Looking back on past heavyweights who were much smaller pre 70s & 80's Regardless how good some of them were, I think the outcome would just mirror what we have today.

Comment

Working...
                      X