No announcement yet.

10 million illegal streams for Wilder vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    And when have PPVs ever been $25 in the US?

I doubt if it was $25 you'd pay because why pay $25 when you can still illegally stream it.

Hell, fights 30 years ago cost $35. Fights 20 years ago cost $50.

My stream went down in round 6 or 7 so I missed half a round. Buying the PPV provides ease of mind. No links going down, no buffering on other platforms, don't have to settle for foreign commentary at times, don't have to connect your laptop to your TV to get it on the big screen. That convenience is worth $20-25 for me. Not $75.

Comment

I doubt if it was $25 you'd pay because why pay $25 when you can still illegally stream it.

I hope you're not arguing that, no matter the price, people who streamed would always stream, and people who bought the PPV would always do so.

Which is to say that demand for PPV is inelastic.

Which is moronic, to be frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        My stream went down in round 6 or 7 so I missed half a round. Buying the PPV provides ease of mind. No links going down, no buffering on other platforms, don't have to settle for foreign commentary at times, don't have to connect your laptop to your TV to get it on the big screen. That convenience is worth $20-25 for me. Not $75.
        Yup, bingo.

Comment

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!! Illegal Streaming, The American Way!

Comment

Who the **** is this guy. Why should we believe some random dweeb on social media
            Last edited by Floyd is TBE; 12-06-2018, 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
              I hope you're not arguing that, no matter the price, people who streamed would always stream, and people who bought the PPV would always do so.

Which is to say that demand for PPV is inelastic.

Which is moronic, to be frank.
              Yes no matter the price, people will stream.

Comment

I would pay $25 instead of streaming it so I would be guaranteed HD quality and know for sure that it would not cut out an any time. $75 is ridiculous and everybody knows it, unless you get 3-5 people to throw in on it it's too much for something you can't take with you after.

Comment

Yes no matter the price, people will stream.
                  This isnt true. I have IPTV and see them all in HD with zero issues. When theres a good card I buy it on Amazon PPV. I have to admit I do this more for UFC. Why? Because boxing and the judging has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I wont even bet on boxing anymore. So why would I pay for it when we see these judges fixing the outcome?

UFC has been good to me so far. You dont see guys getting robbed and I respect that. For that VERY reason Im happy to pay for it.

Boxing needs a wake up call. We dont want a winner you pick. We want a winner that won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                    I would pay $25 instead of streaming it so I would be guaranteed HD quality and know for sure that it would not cut out an any time. $75 is ridiculous and everybody knows it, unless you get 3-5 people to throw in on it it's too much for something you can't take with you after.
                    But as I stated even 30 years ago PPVs were $35, so $25 would never happen.

And even if YOU do pay $25 a majority will still complain and say $25 is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                      Who the **** is this guy. Why should we believe some random dweeb on social media
                      Right, where is the data to back this claim up

Comment

Working...
                      X