Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mikey Actually Does Beat Spence, Is he P4P Number One?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undoubtably, you CANNOT argue.

To move up 2 divsions and fight the KILLER of the division everyone is avoiding, and beat him, in his hometown on PPV. Also with Mikey's already proven resume, name, track record, that is #1 p4p 100%.

You cannot put anyone in front of him. Jesus christ, look at Terrence Crawford's resume. Just look at it, it's honestly HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      No. Spence is neither the #1 at WW (til he proves it. Thurman is until proven otherwise) or a p4p guy nor is Mikey top 5. He’d break into the top 5 or 6 but thats about it.

I’m a huge Mikey and Spence fan but beating Spence doesnt get Canelo out of number 1 who beat a top p4p kingpin. It doesnt usurp Loma’s status especially without fighting him. It doesnt surpass Usyk’s run. It doesn’t surpass Bud’s run.

He’s got to beat Loma and THEN we’re talking.

As much as I like Mikey, I also have to keep in mind the work the others have put in. Only Mikey stands to gain from a win but he doesnt become #1 p4p. Easy there
      Very good points, man. I have Usyk, Loma and Crawford as my top three. I don't know. Seems a win like that definitely boosts Mikey way up there. Great post, though.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        Undoubtably, you CANNOT argue.

To move up 2 divsions and fight the KILLER of the division everyone is avoiding, and beat him, in his hometown on PPV. Also with Mikey's already proven resume, name, track record, that is #1 p4p 100%.

You cannot put anyone in front of him. Jesus christ, look at Terrence Crawford's resume. Just look at it, it's honestly HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.
        Crawford is one guy.

Beating Spence still doesnt eclipse Canelo’s resume (who has the best one by a long shot of the top p4p guys). It doesnt somehow make him better than Loma especially since they can fight and prove it. Its not better than Usyk’s run as Spence himself is not top dog.

The arguably number 2 35 pounder against the arguably number 2 or 3 WW doesnt get a #1 p4p slot.

Not only that, but you can argue Mikey is only jumping up one division as he’s campaigned at 40.

Beating Spence would be tremendous. No denying. But everyone else has been more impressive for longer against more people. Beating Spence AND Lomachenko makes him number 1. Beating just Spence only gets him on the board.

Comment

If he beats Spence fair and square (no robbery), then he is without a shadow of doubt p4p number 1.

Spence on the other hand I don't think his ranking goes up for beating Garcia, but his popularity and fame surely will.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            Very good points, man. I have Usyk, Loma and Crawford as my top three. I don't know. Seems a win like that definitely boosts Mikey way up there. Great post, though.
            I’ve got Canelo number 1 as he’s the current standout who just beat a reigning mw king and top 3 p4p guy.

I’ve got everyone else behind him in whichever order and mood I’m in. I personally feel odd ranking guys #1 when they havent proved to be number 1 in their current division. Crawford is at best #3 in his division and has proved a lot of nothing to even be considered that if we’re honest.

Loma and Mikey are vying for control of 35.

Usyk is indeed the standout in his class but Im not sure how I feel about ranking him over Loma and Bud. Could be bias.

P4p is always subjective though. I try to base mine as much as I can off merit. Some people go off eye tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              If he beats Spence fair and square (no robbery), then he is without a shadow of doubt p4p number 1.

Spence on the other hand I don't think his ranking goes up for beating Garcia, but his popularity and fame surely will.
              Yeah, Mikey has everything to gain. Spence has everything to lose. A loss to a smaller man will forever haunt him.

But of course, I doubt that it will happen.

Comment

Technically, no.. you dont rank off emotion and sht wtf is this ? Lol

Comment

No way. Whats spence actually done thats so great. Americsns have just decided hes the best without him doing an awful lot. Why are these welterweight fighters placed on such a higher pedestal than everyone?

Comment

Yeah in my opinion he is but that won't happen

Comment

Yes. If the sky falls and Mikey beats Spence, he will have accomplished much more than Loma or Crawford in my book.

I’m almost positive that won’t happen doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X