Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mikey Actually Does Beat Spence, Is he P4P Number One?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mikey Actually Does Beat Spence, Is he P4P Number One?

I don't think either of these guys is P4P number one, but if Mikey pulled this off, his stock would not only soar. I bet he's in the top three at least if not number one. I don't see it happening and I don't know what he's thinking, but the gains could be huge. Spence is a young unbeaten prime fighter with some good wins under his belt and probably a natural junor middle at least. For Mikey to come up from 135 and beat him would be highly exceptional. Definitely the biggest 135-147 win since Duran-Leonard and even Duran fought other welters beforehand.

What do you guys think? Would he be P4P number one if he wins?

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    I don't think either of these guys is P4P number one, but if Mikey pulled this off, his stock would not only soar. I bet he's in the top three at least if not number one. I don't see it happening and I don't know what he's thinking, but the gains could be huge. Spence is a young unbeaten prime fighter with some good wins under his belt and probably a natural junor middle at least. For Mikey to come up from 135 and beat him would be highly exceptional. Definitely the biggest 135-147 win since Duran-Leonard and even Duran fought other welters beforehand.

What do you guys think? Would he be P4P number one if he wins?
    Yes and without a doubt about it.

Comment

I'd say #1.,

Comment

I have Mikey #4 p4p behind Crawford, Loma and Usyk. I am biased to a degree because I am a big Mikey fan. Trying my best to take that bias out of the equation.

IF he beats Spence Mikey would be 40-0, titles in 5 divisions and wins over Salido (I know it was a technical decision) and Spence and a strong run his last 9 fights would have to put him in the discussion with Crawford, and Loma for the top spot IMO given Spence is a top 7 p4p fighter and would be the best win out of every win among the 4.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

No. Spence is neither the #1 at WW (til he proves it. Thurman is until proven otherwise) or a p4p guy nor is Mikey top 5. He’d break into the top 5 or 6 but thats about it.

I’m a huge Mikey and Spence fan but beating Spence doesnt get Canelo out of number 1 who beat a top p4p kingpin. It doesnt usurp Loma’s status especially without fighting him. It doesnt surpass Usyk’s run. It doesn’t surpass Bud’s run.

He’s got to beat Loma and THEN we’re talking.

As much as I like Mikey, I also have to keep in mind the work the others have put in. Only Mikey stands to gain from a win but he doesnt become #1 p4p. Easy there

Comment

Oh definitely

Comment

Yes. Mikey is the face of the new gen in boxing if he wins this fight. Instant ATG status.

Comment

He would jump Canelo up to number 2. He can’t overtake Bud doe.

Comment

No way. As good as spence has been hes untested at WW and isnt even p4p. Mikey is hardly p4p himself. While they're great fighters beating a bigger fighter than you doesnt pole vault you to #1 especially when one, spence isnt p4p #1 and two, the actual p4p #1 is in your weight division.

If he wins hes definitely easily top 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X