Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Reiss Explains Why He Allowed Tyson Fury To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    The Ward vs Kovlev stoppage was trash but I had not problem with the Angulo stoppage. As I said Angulo was able to land with nothing on his punches, Canelo didn't regard his punches at all, he was taking shots and then landing some heavy ones back
    Kovalev ward stoppage was bad. Angulo stoppage I am okay with.

Its fights like that where a guy just takes a prolonged beating without going down where people get hurt.

Its true Angulo just mounted an offensive effort, but it was very clear it had no effect, and at that point, he no longer had the ability to keep Canelo from putting a sustained beating on him. That fight was just an offensive masterclass from Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      The Ward vs Kovlev stoppage was trash but I had not problem with the Angulo stoppage. As I said Angulo was able to land with nothing on his punches, Canelo didn't regard his punches at all, he was taking shots and then landing some heavy ones back
      Yeah, and for 10 rounds Wilder wasn't able to land hardly at all while Fury was hitting him with 2-pieces.

My point only: Others are right. Weeks would have stopped it in the 9th, Bayless would have waved it off the moment Fury hit the canvas in Round 12 and we'd never have seen what Fury was truly capable of.

Comment

Working...
      X