Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Was Not at My Best and Still Won! Did Count Start Late?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Wilder, even after he was baffled and embarrassed for 10 of 12 rounds... his ego just would not let him walk away classy. Like some others have said, Fury won the night in amazing fashion. HE is now People's Champ. Wilder, we will discover in the rematch, has hit a wall. Power yes, boxing skills, no. Footwork, no.

And BTW Wilder.... long count? Really? Weren't at your best? Really? Good Lord, let the rematch happen so the real embarrassment of Wilder can begin. Can't wait for it.

Comment

What Wilder should be asking is, why didn't he ko or tko Fury in the 12th round, when he had more than two minutes to do it. He knocked Fury down a few rounds earlier, and couldn't put him away. He was the aggressor, but the problem is he was not effective for most of the fight.

Comment

Even if jmm knocked Floyd down twice he wouldn't deserve draw. If Carlos Vladimir knocked Floyd down 3 times he wouldn't deserve draw.
        Fury was robbed. I want wilder to make a statement acknowledging what world thinks. Stop telling us what you think.

Comment

To me it looked like the count started late by a second or 2, but Wilder only has himself to blame for that.
          Ref's state in their instructions before every fight that; in event of a knock down, the standing fighter is to immediately retreat to a neutral corner, from which point they will begin the count. I've even heard a few elaborate further by saying "the longer you take to do get to the corner, the more you help your opponent".

Comment

"Did the count start 3-4 seconds late or was the count too long is the question many are asking and debating about."

Absolutely not, as is plainly evident Deontay. Give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by embryo View Post
              Fury is the People's Champ now, it doesn't matter what the judges said, everyone knows Fury won, it FEELS like he won even though the judges screwed us. It doesn't feel digusting like the GGG - Canelo decisions, because it just feel like EVERYONE KNOWS that Fury is the winner and the best heavyweight in the world, and Wilder got his ass whooped and is clearly exactly what we all thought he was...a paper champ. Got beat the **** up by a guy who was off for 2 years and weighed 400lbs, cocaine addict and alcoholic. EZ WIN.
              I'm not a Wilder fan but shut the fucc up already and quit crying,...😫😥😭,...😂🤣

Comment

He got brutally exposed and is now in damage control mode. I don't see him taking an immediate rematch with Fury, better to cash out on that cash cow AJ

Comment

Fury got his ass kicked. Plain and simple. He was exposed as a hype job. He won four or five rounds and got knocked down twice. The second time he was on the canvas for a good 20 seconds. Yet, despite being down longer than Ortiz was, Fury was for some reason allowed to continue.

Wilder was the aggressor. He landed the more clean, effective power shots. Fury landed pitty-pat jabs and straights. Fury ran the entire fight. Fury was scared to death the entire fight. However, he gassed in the championship rounds and was dropped twice. Wilder exposed Fury. Fury has no defense besides running. He can't handle constant pressure. Fury broke the record for longest time ever on the canvas without being counted out. He really did. Use a timer and compare it to any other fighter ever. Elias Sports already proved it.

Fury got beat up and embarrassed. Next up is AJ, if he man's enough. After that, probably a rematch with Ortiz. Then whoever is the top contender after that. I can't see Fury beating any of the top guys. Not too mention, if Fury wants a rematch he will have to do what he has always refused to do. Give random ped tests. If a Fury taking roids for three years couldn't get past Wilder, imagine how bad it would end for Fury without his peds.

It should be Wilder-AJ next, with Ortiz-Fury fighting to face the winner. Joshua is probably more scared now than he was before though.
                  Last edited by Bardamu; 12-04-2018, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    He got brutally exposed and is now in damage control mode. I don't see him taking an immediate rematch with Fury, better to cash out on that cash cow AJ
                    You are right, Fury did get brutally exposed. Fury has no offense and defense besides backing up and running. His chin is very suspect. He gasses in the championship rounds. He is in damage control.

However, I think AJ is more likely to finally fight Wilder. Now's the time. Everyone is already dogging AJ for chickening out earlier and saying fans should fight Wilder, not him. lol. Still, he has three belts, so if he is tired of being the butt of jokes, we very well might see Wilder-Joshua next.

Maybe if Fury works with Roach longer, he will develop some offense. Right now, with his stamina issues, lack of power, and inability to land shots he just cannot compete with Wilder, AJ, or Ortiz. Let Fury get out of VADA, spent some time training, trying to learn some offense. If Fury can develop some kind of offense and fix his stamina issues, then he could pose a problem for the top heavyweights. He's just got too many flaws right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Even if jmm knocked Floyd down twice he wouldn't deserve draw. If Carlos Vladimir knocked Floyd down 3 times he wouldn't deserve draw.
                      Fury was robbed. I want wilder to make a statement acknowledging what world thinks. Stop telling us what you think.
                      The World thinks Fury was knocked out in the 12th, but the ref started late and took 20 seconds to count to 9. The world saw Wilder winning a solid seven rounds. He was the aggressor and landed the cleaner, more effective punches. Literally everyone, but a few crybabies in England is admitting this. Why do you think everyone is calling for Wilder-Joshua next?

It is because they want to see the two best heavyweights in the world finally fight each other. Hopefully this time, Joshua fights Wilder himself instead of saying fans should fight Wilder.

If Fury can develop some offense and improve his stamina, he could pose some trouble in the future. Right now, he has too many holes in his game. Wilder exposed them and AJ and Ortiz would too. Let Fury get back to training and trying to improve.

Comment

Working...
                      X