Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cooney Backs Fury: Wilder Was Baffled, Made No Adjustments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cooney Backs Fury: Wilder Was Baffled, Made No Adjustments

Former heavyweight contender Gerry Cooney had lineal champion Tyson Fury winning Saturday's heavyweight title clash, "nine rounds to three or maybe eight rounds to four" over WBC heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder, who scored two-knockdowns during their draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Had it about the same

Comment

It was a boxing clinic.... Made Wilder look amateurish big time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Former heavyweight contender Gerry Cooney had lineal champion Tyson Fury winning Saturday's heavyweight title clash, "nine rounds to three or maybe eight rounds to four" over WBC heavyweight titlist Deontay Wilder, who scored two-knockdowns during their draw.
        [Click Here To Read More]

A lot of wise words in that article by Cooney. You'll walk away learning something new if not a new perspective on things you know today, boxing wise. Certainly doesn't happen for me every day anymore, was refreshing.

Comment

Great read.

Fury is definitely like a real life Rocky story.

Comment

Cooney was baffled by Larry Holmes but somehow the referees had the fight much closer than I had it. Cooney was the aggressive puncher and was out boxed. Two of the judges had it 115-113, the only difference was that Conney was the one dropped a couple times.

Comment

Yup, I agree with you Cooney 100%

Comment

Spot on by the legendary Sir Cooney

Comment

that is exactly how I saw it..... King Fury, the real-life Rocky

however I totally disagree with the AJ fans who have taken the opportunity to dismiss Wilder LMAO

Wilder dropped Fury TWICE, and a lesser man would not have climbed off the canvas in the 12th

is AJ a lesser man than Fury..... ?

he is pretty tough, but he has been rocked/dropped before

not sure

but he is certainly not as slick as the gypsy king

I am sure Wilder will land that same punch eventually

so are Team Joshua, which is why they avoided that fight

Comment

1000% agree with Cooney. What do they work on in the Wilder camp. He needs a real trainer in his camp. He is so deficient. All he has going for him is his power and natural athleticism. But you need sound fundamentals in boxing to be a great champion long term. With his stature he should have a good jab like Holmes and with his power, a body attack like Holyfield. A remember Foreman saying, when your a powerful guy, a stiff jab to the body hurts you over the course of the fight, especially when your opponent isn’t in the best shape down there.

Comment

Working...
                    X