Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk at Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Fury makes Wilder look so bad, only landing 17% of this punches, What will Usyk do to Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
      After last night's fight has your opinion on Usyk competing at Heavyweight changed or has it stayed the same?

I always felt that Usyk would do well at Heavyweight, but my confidence has increased.
      "I see something."
      I feel like Usyk will do much better than most give him credit to do. If his chin holds up, I see him being the superior boxer against definitely Wilder, and maybe even Joshua and Fury.

Comment

Last night told me nothing about Usyk. He will weigh same as wilder, but lack his power. That's not the best recipe for winning hw fights. If wilder didn't have that cross, fury would have laid on him and bullied him around for 6 rounds before knocking him out.

Comment

I'm a big fan but i still think it'll be a struggle. Not to say i don't think he can't do it, he has the talent.

How would he really do against Fury. People might say Cunningham give Fury problems as an ex cruiserweight and Usyk is better than Cunningham, but Fury also improved a lot after that too. Also, Fury said he has problem with Cunningham's size and speed, but Usyk is actually a bit more methodical and takes his time, which is better for Fury in a way.

Let's remember what Fury did to the cruiserweight Cunningham when he trapped him on the ropes with his size, give him the only knockout of his career, and brutally. That was sheer size and strength difference.

Usyk is my favourite fighter right now but unless he could give Fury some sort of real boxing lesson (which i doubt he can), he won't beat Fury. For Usyk to have real success at heavyweight, it's going to have to be against flat footed fighters that he can move around easily.

I could see Usyk having success with AJ though. AJ is much stiffer and Usyk can probably do more of his work against a guy like that.

Wilder is Wilder. Usyk can give him a boxing lesson on skills alone like Fury did but if he gets caught...

Comment

It honestly just depends on how good usyks chin is. If he has a solid chin he'll be fine

Comment

he might have a chance against wilder but i bet he gets caught at some stage

he has no chance vs fury and joshua

Comment

How good of a punch can Usyk take? He will be undersized and based on the Bellew fight, I'm not sure how many Heavyweight rights he can take, especially from Wilder and Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                  After last night's fight has your opinion on Usyk competing at Heavyweight changed or has it stayed the same?

I always felt that Usyk would do well at Heavyweight, but my confidence has increased.
                  "I see something."
                  Give him 2-3 fights against top 10/15 competiton and he'll be able to beat any of them barring AJ. AJ is just technical enough and has enough power to put Usyk down but against the two we saw last night, lol....he'll pick em to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    If Fury makes Wilder look so bad, only landing 17% of this punches, What will Usyk do to Wilder?
                    Precisely. I don't see Usyk knocking guys slam out but he WILL figure them out and break them down over the long haul. He'd move in on Wilder and obliterate his body, slow him down and tag him at will. Who knows how long it would go, maybe the distance but Wilder would get outpunched so badly that his corner might even toss in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronMike View Post
                      How good of a punch can Usyk take? He will be undersized and based on the Bellew fight, I'm not sure how many Heavyweight rights he can take, especially from Wilder and Joshua.
                      He will do his best not to take them.

It's the punches you don't see that hurt you.
                      Wilder punches are quite telegraphed, and its only the right hand you have to really worry about.

Comment

Working...
                      X