Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fury Wilder fight wasn't a robbery. Fury had his chance to win...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people got swept up in the vapors of Fury throwing a lot of pitty pat stuff and raising is arms at the end of every round, acting as his own cheerleader. It sometimes influences judges and often influences the casual fan.

I didn't score the bout round for round (and I probably will on a rewatch) but Fury ate stiff jabs in the early rounds, outboxed the shyt outta Wilder through the middle rounds, got dropped going into the later rounds, came back and won a round, got clobbered in the 12th and found some way to get back on his feet and make the last seconds competitive. I could see Fury winning or losing by a round so a draw was generous to Wilder but not a travesty like many casual fans might think or feel.

My takeaway from this fight?

Fury get mucho props for being in "fit to fight" condition, hand speed, ring savvy, and a granite chin (I did not think he would get up). His drawback is that he has very little power for a man his size and does a lot of what you call "arm punching", not punching on the arms but punching using only the arm muscles and never setting his feet to land a solid shot with intention. He tends to harass more than damage opponents.

Wilder, as much of a specimen he is, needs to re-evaluate his game and trainer. The concept of raw speed, power, and athletic ability has carried him through till now but Fury showed how one dimensional he is in trying to land the right. If you looked at the almost KO in the 12th, the right landed but it was the left hook on the way down that made Fury's brain spin. (How many times have you heard "it's the one you don't see coming that hurts you") I think he's reached the ceiling on the "raw power" concept and needs to become a student of the game that has *MANY* different weapons combinations to use.

Lastly, the scoring can and should be questioned because it's crooked a lot of the time ......... (& get this) ...... ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POND. (for our Eurofan members who are calling this an American judging thing)

Comment

The 115-111 score for Wilder is what has people pissed and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Can it be said any better? Very good take. I felt the same way...
        Bahahaha! Your ass isn't out of the booth at Waffle House long enough for the imprint to fade from the seat before you're right back in it. You've never competed at Fury's level physically, let alone made anything resembling a comeback. No one cares how you feel.

Fury made a 180 degree turn to return to Boxing after a 3 year layoff. He rushed into the Wilder performance. Could he have done better than he did last night? Sure! We'll see it in the rematch. But to expect a complete return to the man of Dusseldorf fame this soon is far beyond realistic.

Just appreciate the glory of last night's performance for what it was. Absolute magic. Wilder should be proud to gave lost his cherry to such a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Even you don't believe that rubbish. Fury won every second of the fight outside of two punches
          I wouldn't even argue with people scoring the rounds Wilder had the KD 10-9, because Fury clearly won every second of both of those rounds outside the KD.

Comment

Damage control. I have more respect for those Wilder fanatics that thought Fury won, had this fight happened in the U.K. and the role was reverse, you lot would be crying like females. Fact is Wilder got lucky with the “Draw”, no need to sugarcoat it. So much for “Boxing fans”... Mayweather sat there and had the first 5 rounds to Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              12 round fight. One man landed 13 more punches. The other scored two knockdowns. A draw is fair.
              You are either blind or an idiot if you think Wilder actually landed as many punches as he is credited with.

Comment

Im sure if I go though your post before I can see a Wilder fanboy. 100%. Just stop. Your boy got schooled badly. I was sure Wilder would KO Fury before the fight but hell no... he got schooled

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  What happened to Fury will be kod, Fury fought two bums on the way back, Fury isn't ready, Fury this, Fury that?

I can only give my perspective and the fact that you all were truly surprised about Furys performance and gushing in it won't change the fact that you didn't believe in him. You didn't believe in Fury.
                  Making it count while the electricity in your apartment is still on I see!

Look, no one expects you to understand this, but Fury took a giant risk taking this fight. He clearly wasn't the man that beat Klitchko last night. But the near-complete recovery he made is legendary. It defies logic... which pretty much explains why you're fixated on it.

I called Fury to win my KO because Wilder is too dumb to pace himself. Clearly I was wrong. But i also failed to consider how fixed these things are... wilder clearly knew the judges would take care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    I wouldn't even argue with people scoring the rounds Wilder had the KD 10-9, because Fury clearly won every second of both of those rounds outside the KD.
                    Yeah, 10-8 rewards Knockdowns. For good reason. But Fury brought the fight after those knockdowns, even though it wouldn't change the score... to me that's the mark of a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
                      No, bitsch, you just have terrible reading comprehension. If you knew what something as simple as "no less" means, you could've saved yourself a pointless rant.
                      3/4 of 12 is 8. And with close rounds and 1 of them being a swing round could be a possibility of a 7-5 card in favor of Fury. Add in the 2 knockdowns and what do you have? Why you are upset is beyond my knowledge. hahaha. I like em both and I had nothing invested in this as either guy winning I was ok with. I wasn't ranting, you're the one that's ranting. Winning "no less"(as you put it) than 3/4 of a fight that you're knocked down twice in IS A A CLOSE FIGHT. And it was called a draw but you're crying robbery. So basically you're saying, "it was a close fight, but since it was called a draw, it's a robbery". You typed those words, not me..Those are your words hahaha

Comment

Working...
                      X