Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury Ends in Controversial Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No winner, but 2 big losers: Hearn and Joshua.

Comment

• Got to say I thought Fury would get past Wilder. But showed some ring rust and got caught twice. Wilder showed that it only takes one punch and Fury showed Wilders deficiancies. One guy who must be ****ting himself is Joshua. Because after this fight one can only see Wilder and Fury getting better. See Aj struggling against Fury. But beating Wilder. However if AJ starts like he did against Povotikin the Wilder smokes him.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Hahaha dude Noooo...im not talking about opinions or perceptions, you don't know how to score the 10 point must system. I'm not going to teach you how to score, but before making more of a fool of yourself, don't repeat that again.

He only needs to win 8 rounds to win the fight, which he did, and he only needs to win 7 rounds for the draw.
        You are clearly emotional about this fight. But yes I think a draw was a fair decision. I think Fury wins the fight if that last KD doesn’t happen. But I can see how someone would give wilder 2 rounds in the fight. Outside of the KD. There were a couple rounds where fury look like one of the three stooges. Just playing and slapping not landing anything. It’s not like fury was Mayweather in there. He did some stupid stuff in the fight. This always happens. People need to calm down and judge properly.
        Last edited by vwelsh; 12-02-2018, 01:40 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Originally posted by CocoonOfHorror View Post
          I’m a Wilder fan. I had rounds 2, 5 and two KD rounds for Wilder. That’s 114-112 Fury. But while I thought rounds 3, 6-8, 10 and 11 were clear Fury rounds, I thought 1 and 4 were close enough to go either way.
          I had the exact same score. That second round was so horrible, all either landed was jabs with Fury throwing two 3 punch combos and hitting gloves

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Do you realize how is Wilder less and less impressive as he is stepping up in competition? Ortiz tested his chin and nearly stopped him. Fury went him 12 rounds to controversial draw. What makes anybody think Wilder can beat Joshua? Joshua smokes him.
            Fury would school Joshua as well.

I think Joshua knocks Wilder out tho. Although Wilder has a better chance of KOing Joshua than he does Fury, Joshua is easier to find. I think Joshua will find Wilder before Wilder finds him, as the more skilled fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Wilder is what he is, and he will never be a great technical boxer or someone that can outbox a boxer which Fury is. He can possibly win with athleticism and power but sometimes that doesn't work out.

He is lucky Fury didn't really put it to him in a lot of rounds because he could have, he was content to try and win by an inch when he could have won by a mile.
              I totally agree. And to be honest, Fury really has no one to blame but himself. For all the yelling about a robbery. Fury only landed around 80 punches. And most of those were in rounds 10-12. He was too content making Wilder miss and didn’t make him pay enough. Not to mention, Wilder was pretty close to harmless when Fury presses him. If Fury steps it up offensively. He would have beaten Wilder up and likely stopped him.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                The silver lining to this fight is that Billy Joe Saunders just lost 70,000 pounds
                If you can risk 70k i wager money isn't a issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Each time a fighter is knocked down in a round it is considered a two point deduction. So for the first knockdown Tyson was deducted two points by way of an 10-8 score for Wilder. Add that to the second knockdown in the twelfth. Once again Tyson is docked an additional two points by way of a 10-8 score in favor of Wilder. Those two knockdowns alone is equivalent of four winning rounds for Wilder. So for one to give a score of 116-112 for Tyson Fury, then one must concede that Tyson won every round in the fight outside of those two knockdowns which he did not because several of those rounds were close and could have gone either way.
                  No, you claimed that in order to win, Fury would have had to win every round outside the two 10-8 rounds.

Several other people have already pointed out you were wrong. Even with the 2 KD’s, Wilder still needs 3 more rounds for a draw.

Comment

• Well, fury landed some jabs (yawn) and tried to avoid avoid avoid, no offensive,aggression towards the WBC champ, got floored heavily and struggled to get up TWICE aaaaaaand there are still people here saying he won?
                    The only thing he did that deserves recognition was get up and that’s all.
                    It’s a ****in embarrassing moment to see a British judge score the **** even it really is.
                    Like I say, he did well to get off the floor is all but lost with his ***** dignity intact but suffered his second defeat.
                    Why the individual who wrote this article has stated he Reaganism the lineal champ is discombobulating.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      You never seen mike Tyson ?
                      I have and his power was nothing compared to Wilders. Wilder relies on no skill and can knock you out at any point in any fight. Its madness.

Comment

Working...
                      X