Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night Purses: WILDER 4M, FURY 3M, HURD 1M, ORTIZ 375K....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    Are these confirmed? I dread to think what a non ppv pays on showtime
    You don't have to think, they get paid around $1M with some "extra" on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
      Lol at Hurd getting $1 million and Welborn getting $30k that's a pretty crazy disparity. I thought there was some kind of 70/30 champion/challenger split that was generally agreed upon.
      That's what I thought, 30k is not much after he pays all his expenses and tax.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        You don't have to think, they get paid around $1M with some "extra" on the side.
        I was more referring to the undercard

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          hopefully wellborn has some savings saved up and can bet it on hurd by ko on the first couple rounds so he can turn that 30k into 300k.
          It’s 8/1 for a second round victory for J. Hurd, welborn should be talking to his team in secret. Put that bet in.

Comment

I thought there was some kind of 70/30 champion/challenger split that was generally agreed upon.
            It's a voluntary defense, so there's no mandated split.

If a mandatory world championship bout under the WBA, IBF or WBO goes to purse bid, the champion is typically entitled to 75%, with 25% remaining for the challenger.

It's only the WBC that had the 70/30 split, although it's been modified in recent years. Now, 90% of the purse bid is split 70/30, but the other 10% goes to the winner of the fight.

So the champion winds up with 73% if he wins and 63% if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              It's a voluntary defense, so there's no mandated split.

If a mandatory world championship bout under the WBA, IBF or WBO goes to purse bid, the champion is typically entitled to 75%, with 25% remaining for the challenger.

It's only the WBC that had the 70/30 split, although it's been modified in recent years. Now, 90% of the purse bid is split 70/30, but the other 10% goes to the winner of the fight.

So the champion winds up with 73% if he wins and 63% if he loses.
              Thank you for clearing that up.

Even though it is a voluntary defense, a 97/3 split seems ridiculous. I hope Jason W. wins just because of that lol so he can get a decent payday afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                That's what I thought, 30k is not much after he pays all his expenses and tax.
                before taxes and everything it's a 97/3 split hahaha fu´cking ridiculous

Comment

That 15 mill offer from joshua is a joke doe, they lowballed him!!!!

Comment

But the telegraph said Wilder was getting 14 mil.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up.
                      You're welcome. Always happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X