Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans only seem to talk about the Welterweight division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Welterweight division is overrated because of the history of the division and the names in it. Sure there are alot of good fighters in the division with good names and solid resumes...but when I actually watch them I don't see something Special in them besides Crawford and Spence. Most of them are very basic fighters with a few stand out attributes, Keith gets by on his athleticism for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Yeah and they dont want spence and crawford to fight each other either because then they have one less undefeated fighter to brag about.
      Definitely. 147 is their whole boxing world lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        You can always talk about your undefeated white champions from the UK. Oh wait?? Lmao
        Why you yanks always obsessed with the zero

Anyway to answer your ****** question -Callum Smith, Josh Warrington. Billy Joe Saunders was but just stripped, Ryan Burnett just lost cause of injury, Fury will take Wilders zero on saturday, and Josh Taylor might not have a title but hes the clear number 1 at 140.
        The Uks best talent is spread across lots of divisions not just around one division like African Americans is at 147

Eastern Europeans and the British Isles dominate boxing, deal with it.
        Last edited by Jump Up DnB; 11-26-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          The Welterweight division is overrated because of the history of the division and the names in it. Sure there are alot of good fighters in the division with good names and solid resumes...but when I actually watch them I don't see something Special in them besides Crawford and Spence. Most of them are very basic fighters with a few stand out attributes, Keith gets by on his athleticism for the most part.

Well the welterweight 147 limit can't always be fire. Still one of the most iconic divisions though.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            I agree. It gets overrated massively because theres more Americans in the top 10 than any other. Middleweight to Heavyweight is mostly dominated by Europe. Josh Taylor is the man at 140 followed by 2 Belarussian champs. Loma dominates Lightweight/super feather. Lower weights is a mix of Brits, Mexicans and Japs. 147 is all America have that they can compete at the top in.

Spence and Crawford are good.
            But Thurman, Porter and Danny Garcia get overrated way too much. They are **** average fighters. Guys like Peterson, Vargas, Berto, Alexander get overrated too when they are ****ing bums it's ridiculous

All the best prospects coming up ar 147 are European - Bes*****, Kavaliauskas, Lejarraga
            , Kelly, Butaev, Golub, Stanionis etc so I'm wondering what these people who only talk about 147 are gonna do if their precious 147 gets taken from them lol

Comment

You guys are taking nationalism to a bizarre level. Boxers come and go, country's flags rise and fall next to the belts. I'm thankful we have all the guys we do regardless of nation/ race or anything else you have in common with them, but nothing to do with it. It's pure coincidence a fighter may be from your country or your shade of skin. That's not what's important. If that's what floats your boat fine, but if you claim some one for something make sure you take it. The good and the bad. Carry the loses you like you do the wins. Claim the bull shlt they do with the good things. But just remember boxing shelf life is short and if you only rep people you have things in common with rep them hard, because when their time expires you may have to wait a while until there's someone good from your region to like. Or you can like boxers for their person Instead of the their flags and appreciate the sport on a more complete level. All that flag waving is for the Olympics.

Comment

D- troll post.

Some of you trolls must suck as humans. If you wanna be a successful troll adopt a less severe troll persona. These I hate black people, I hate white people, I hate Bob, I hate Al, I hate Oscar bad trolls aren't interesting or entertaining to anyone but the dumbest NSBers. Enhance your troll game. Have us wondering what your troll agenda/persona is. Quit being a lazy troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...archid=7244932

what banned regular is this? 16 posts and 14 of them anti black or anti American.
                  It's an alt, he hates blacks and despises Americans.

Its obvious who it is!

Comment

Middleweight has been stale AF until Canelo came in.

The biggest names (not saying best but most popular) of the past 20 years have been Mayweather cotto Manny Canelo Oscar Rjj Hopkins ward hatton Gatti ward Tyson Lewis holy field etc... Notice a trend? Outside of the hw, they all are multi weightclass champions.
                    Most likely someone starts at 130 and champion every class til 147 will be famous or start 154 and champion to 167 or 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      D- troll post.

Some of you trolls must suck as humans. If you wanna be a successful troll adopt a less severe troll persona. These I hate black people, I hate white people, I hate Bob, I hate Al, I hate Oscar bad trolls aren't interesting or entertaining to anyone but the dumbest NSBers. Enhance your troll game. Have us wondering what your troll agenda/persona is. Quit being a lazy troll.
                      Bro i think to myself how low on the totem pole of trolling boxing scene trolls are. How wack their troll game is. There's Twitter, Instagram, reddit, etc. That's the major leagues. Then there's thousands of more trafficked sites worlstar, mediatakeout, tmz. But here they are. The Canadian football league of trolling. Boxing scene. It's pretty sad when you think about it

Comment

Working...
                      X