Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon Controls Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as why he signed to Arum. You dont turn down $3 mil a fight when you aren't a PPV fighter. Bud woulda been stupid to turn that down.

The question should be why would Arum sign him to that much when he has nobody for him to fight and has to rely on others for a PPV for Crawford

Comment

Felix Diaz, John Molina, now Luis Collazo.

Lol. "#1 p4p guys...he's the best!"

(All Haymon guys btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        The question should be why would Arum sign him to that much when he has nobody for him to fight and has to rely on others for a PPV for Crawford
        Bob has Loma and Bud. That's it. They keep Top Rank alive.

Only interesting ww fight coming up is Porter vs Ugas.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          And this is why i say it's stupid for Haymon to do a joint PPV with Spence-Crawford when he can do Spence/Garcia/Thurman/Pacquiao/Broner/Porter.

I'm not saying they shouldn't fight. I'm saying there's no need from a business standpoint for Fox/Showtime to split money with ESPN when they have all the leverage

It is also wrong for Fans to excuse it. Spence vs Crawford is a fight fans want more than any other fight. We as fans should not give a flying fvcc about their business model.

Comment

Don't get mad at Bud. If those ****en PBC cowards wanted to unify, they'd fight Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Lmao you must have watched Barbershop Conversations YouTube channel
              lmfao that fool blocked me, I corrected him on some "real estate" **** he swears he does and we got into it on the comments, I ended up embrassing his ass showing he doesnt know **** he deleted that comment and blocked me lmfao, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                It is also wrong for Fans to excuse it. Spence vs Crawford is a fight fans want more than any other fight. We as fans should not give a flying fvcc about their business model.
                Fans shouldn't excuse it. But if you're a real fan i expect you not to be naive. We know what's really going on. Been going on forever and as long as the sport is split between promoters & networks it'll continue to be that way no matter how much we complain.

You really think they give a flying **** about fans complaining? Don't be naive. Boxing, and all major sports, is a business first.
                Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 11-24-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Haymon master cherry picker for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    lmfao that fool blocked me, I corrected him on some "real estate" **** he swears he does and we got into it on the comments, I ended up embrassing his ass showing he doesnt know **** he deleted that comment and blocked me lmfao, clown.
                    Lmao I just found his page like 3 days ago and yea he’s pretty much a clown. Most of those YouTube boxing channels are clowns. All of them think they’re gods gift to boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                      Crawford is signed to Top Rank but lets be realistic what is he going to do without Haymon fighters? Absolutely nothing, there are no top rated welters with Arum's company. I find it hard to understand why a fighter claiming to be the best would even resign with Arum knowing this. Even the average fan can see there are no real challenges in the Top Rank stable.

The same thing will ultimately happen to Lomachenko, that Top Rank stable is getting real thin for him too. Even Manny Pacquiao, at this late stage of his career, has woken up and joined a stable that will not only test him but make him good money in his final boxing years.

The main thing about Crawford is how you going to walk up on Spence, get your fan base nuts all in a bunch then sign to fight Collazo? Collazo is like a level below tune-up and in my opinion Crawford has already had multiple tune ups in Horn and Benavidez, tune ups for a guy rated among the best boxing.

Every upcoming PBC fight in my opinion is better than this:

Pac - Broner - cool
                      Spence - Garcia - cool (mismatch but its Mikey fault)
                      Porter - Ugas - cool
                      Thurman - Lopez - cool

I dont have an issue with any of these match-ups, all these fighters are in a place where those fights make sense for them. I fail to see what sense Crawford - Collazo makes. The only relevance to this fight is that Collazo is a PBC fighter, however he is a PBC fighter who is way down the list, bordering on irrelevant. Crawford in my opinion needs to demand a better opponent from Arum than Collazo unless Crawford is more than happy to keep accepting these easy fights. If this is the best Arum can do then Haymon clearly controls Crawford's future!
                      You honestly think Thurman / Lopez is a Better fight than Crawford / Collazo ?

Comment

Working...
                      X