Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Says He'll Fight Abner Mares February 9 In SoCal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Says He'll Fight Abner Mares February 9 In SoCal

After fighting once this year, Gervonta Davis expects to box three times in 2019. According to Davis, he'll battle Abner Mares in the first of those three fights. The WBA "super" super featherweight champ told the Los Angeles Times' Lance Pugmire on Tuesday in Beverly Hills that he'll square off against Mares on February 9.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is that right?

Comment

Definitive end of the road at top level for Mares after Davis knocks him out.

Comment

I'm thinking he should go for Berchelt at least. Davis has trouble making 130 and Abner is already blown up at 125. Not a good look for Tank. Will this be on DZZY?

Comment

Tevin Farmer is fighting whenever he wants and because of it, he is never far from camp. Davis sadly runs the risk of being drained to get back from where he is now to 130. I know Tyson lost 10 stone and got back in the ring. Is Davis going for the record?

Comment

A bunch of tune-ups in February 2019, you got 'Runtime' vs. Lopez about a week before Gervonta-Mares, then about a week later you got Santa Cruz and Figueroa, THEN Anthony Dirrell vs. Avni Yildirim for the WBC 168 vacant title.

Comment

I thought this would be in Jan.
              Maybe the Castano-Lara card is Jan?

Davis did say he's fighting 3 times this year.

Feb - Mares
              Jun - Machado
              Nov - Farmer
              2020 - Bercelt

Comment

If Davis starts training now maybe he can get down to 130 by weigh in. He looks like Big Baby's mini me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  A bunch of tune-ups in February 2019, you got 'Runtime' vs. Lopez about a week before Gervonta-Mares, then about a week later you got Santa Cruz and Figueroa, THEN Anthony Dirrell vs. Avni Yildirim for the WBC 168 vacant title.
                  it's tuneup season!

Comment

Not a bad fight, but Farmer would've been better! Berchelt is the man to beat @ 130! I don't know if Floyd can work a deal with Zanifer, for Tank vs. Berchelt on Showtime, but it will be easier than making a deal with Oscar or Hearn @ DAZN! First things first, handle biz with Mares! Then a unification @ 130, or move to 135!

Comment

Working...
                    X