Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Golovkin really tie Hopkins' title fight streak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Why the phuk would I care what promoters say? Hell promoters advertise Interim belts as world title fights all the time. The problem isn't whether you think it's a world title or not the problem is the media has never been a propaganda tool for a fighter let alone done something as unprecedented as try to trick the public by tacking on bogus title defenses to inflate 1 fighters career. Not once did the media EVER tell the public that more then half these defense came when he was a secondary belt holder and that the WBA had a real world champ. Again this has NEVER happened before GGG. ABC orgs can be crooked do stupid or shady things, promoters will say anything to sell a fight but the media has NEVER acknowledged secondary or regional or interm defense records EVER...before they all did it to prop up GGG. The same media that is still trying to tell fans today that GGG didn't really lose to Canelo even though the judges that actually know how to score fights said so, even though overwhelming the fighters all say Canelo beat GGG and even though the trainers overwhelming say Canelo beat GGG. Why did the media get it so wrong well maybe because so many of them were bias, they helped build GGG's legacy in the first place off the back of lies. The record was manipulated, fraudulent and the media knows it but kept promoting the streak to fool the public.

I can see this **** got you real worked up man... looks like you can see bias when it's working for someone you don't like but not for the guys you do. That's normal though. Pschology, see - we barely notice the **** that conforms to our beliefs but stuff that runs counter to 'em - hell, that gets some folk real angry...

Simple fact is the media were simply reporting on the official WBA record that said GGG had 20 defenses. They'll also say (and outlets are saying) that Canelo is fighting for his world title at a third weight... and guess what? I am willing to bet you that if Canelo somehow makes 22 defenses of the SMW 'crown' he's shortly going to win off Fielding they will also be crowing that he's got the longest consecutive SMW defense record in history... I'm guessing you will too if you haven't developed a little more self awareness by then.

Anyways, welcome to ignore man. I honestly got better things to do with my time.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Yes he did under the accepted practices of the sanctioning bodies. Whether that is meaningful is up for debate. I think Hopkins had a no contest (maybe two) counted as a sucessfull defense so his record is also debatable. It doesn't matter because it doesn't say much about how good a fighter really is.
      Yeah, I've always wondered why Allen NC counted as a defense.

Comment

Working...
      X