No announcement yet.

Matchroom learns from DAZN trip to Kansas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Because GBP was raided by PBC but if DAZN give Oscar enough capital I can see him getting some top talent signing with him again

He would've definitely done better than what Hearn is doing right now all of his USA shows so far been hot garbage
    There isn't a lot of top talent floating around out there

Comment

Golden Boy has... 12 dates a year? That's smart. Hearn is spread too thin with 16. He also needs to get smaller venues for his shows.

Comment

Good self-reflection there.

4k in 3 weeks in Kansas is more than decent too. Lots of folks here thought sales would tank.
        Last edited by rolshans; 11-19-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          He has way too much on his plate. Dude literally is putting on a show every single week and his schedule will only get busier with the Italy/Germany DAZN ventures. I was joking, but dude will end up getting divorced soon since he will be on the road so much.

And besides, I think he thought it was going to be a bit easier cracking into the American market with the type of cash he had. He wasn't able to make to sign the guys he wanted to and the crowds for his shows haven't been good, dating back to the Jacobs HBO cards.
          Even in first class or private, all those flights across the atlantic on almost a weekly basis must take their toll on his body and mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
            Even in first class or private, all those flights across the atlantic on almost a weekly basis must take their toll on his body and mind.
            Without a question. That's just an insane workload he is dealing with. Being away from his family so many days a week has to be getting to him along with the US market in general. I'm sure he heard from everyone how difficult this market was, but he probably thought to himself he is the best in the game and everyone else was doing it wrong. It's still early and he is at least acknowledging the mistakes he is making. Let's see how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Every boxing fan knows that Mexicans are the fans that drive the US boxing market. If you want good attendances put Mexicans on your card. Want good PPV sales, fight a Mexican on a Mexican holiday. Mexicans and other nationalities (to a much lesser extent) turn up to events, Americans don't.

On point. Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Also I think Eddie is tired as f#ck. Dude is looking & acting more exhausted every time I see him lately. I think thats where some of this sh^tting on other peoples product while his isn't looking so great itself sh^t is coming from too. A burn out with all the sh^t he's doing these days seems like something that has a high likelihood of going down. This mfer is 30mos or less from a divorce probably too. He's gonna be hanging out with Kalle making weird ass faces & mouth movements soon enough if he don't slow down.
                here you have Hearn talking rela crazy cause he was tired as fCUK!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Foreigners are keeping boxing alive in America.
                  Keep dreaming UK bunboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Golden Boy has... 12 dates a year? That's smart. Hearn is spread too thin with 16. He also needs to get smaller venues for his shows.
                    16 a year is an insane amount of dates with such a thin roster. Each of his Matchroom USA cards have been a disaster so far. What’s his next confirmed date?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      So much for PPV type event GBP are going to be DAZN saving grace DLH has a better chance and reputation to put on respectable cards
                      Agreed. I like Eddie, but this is the 2nd time the crowds have been dead while watching the events.

First with the Andrade fight. Now this one.

Give the cash to Oscar and he'll sign all the Mexicans and upcoming talent.

Sell outs in Vegas, MSG, Barclays and Staples center.

Oscar is a great promoter. Its a shame PBC stole all of his fighters, but he's rebuilding.

Comment

Working...
                      X