Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take off those rose-colored glasses oldheads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old grandpa foreman was able to make a comeback as an old fat ass and knock out some 90s heavyweights.

Prime Foreman? I don’t know if he can beat someone as skilled as Joshua but he would give Millers fat ass a whooping.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
      Based on what?

Miller is 317lbs, he's 100lbs bigger than "big" george who relied on size to bully opponents

Based on what we have seen Foreman "might" be able to get a late stoppage but IDK, because if we are talking about a "prime" foreman with the ****ty gas tank then Miller might be able to just bully him and drain his stamina.

Foreman was considered a monster in the 60s, but in todays day and age he would be smaller than most high school jocks.
      So Foreman can't beat a guy because the guy weighs over 300 pounds? That's a strange deduction, man.

Foreman was a beast in his day, crushing one foe after another with his clubbing, bruising power shots. Look what he did to Frazier, an ATG. How many ATGs has Miller crushed or will ever crush? Hard to picture that happening. I think it's shocking how so many proven ATGs are written off just for the sake of praising modern fighters. I mean, I really don't expect jack shlt from Miller. He's okay but I don't picture him beating Wilder or Joshua or ever picking up a belt and you fools are comparing him to Foreman. It's farcical.

Comment

Lol.
        He would turns Millers jelly belly into spaghetti.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          Seems ridiculous that people can say fighters that weighed 210 ON fight night would wreck all these 260+ pound monsters with minimum 5 inch height and reach differences. Come on just because every fighter in the past looked good with 2 fps cameras against OTHER small men doesn’t give ANY indication as to how they’ll do in the present.

If you think a 220lb Foreman is gonna bully a 317lb Miller who isn’t even a top hw then you’re crazy.
          Really depends on the fighters homie. Size isn't everything, in less you're Fury, a complete fighter. Sweet Pea in goliaths body.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            So Foreman can't beat a guy because the guy weighs over 300 pounds? That's a strange deduction, man.

Foreman was a beast in his day, crushing one foe after another with his clubbing, bruising power shots. Look what he did to Frazier, an ATG. How many ATGs has Miller crushed or will ever crush? Hard to picture that happening. I think it's shocking how so many proven ATGs are written off just for the sake of praising modern fighters. I mean, I really don't expect jack shlt from Miller. He's okay but I don't picture him beating Wilder or Joshua or ever picking up a belt and you fools are comparing him to Foreman. It's farcical.
            I know Tony right.
            These guys are ATGs for a reason.
            Some of these dudes have short memories or haven't even watched what the heavyweight division was like back in them days.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              Seems ridiculous that people can say fighters that weighed 210 ON fight night would wreck all these 260+ pound monsters with minimum 5 inch height and reach differences. Come on just because every fighter in the past looked good with 2 fps cameras against OTHER small men doesn’t give ANY indication as to how they’ll do in the present.

If you think a 220lb Foreman is gonna bully a 317lb Miller who isn’t even a top hw then you’re crazy.
              HW is a different beast, but the top fighters in the past (HW or any division) were just flat-out better. They had more skills, fought more often, fought everyone (include proclaimed boogeymen), and fought for 15 rounds.

Foreman would murder Miller in quick fashion, but some extra large HWs would be difficult simply due to their size advantages.

At all other weight classes past champions were better. That's just the truth.

Take WW today where some people contend Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter, or Keith Thurman could be good in another era. These 3 are absolute trashcans - honestly.

Keith is actually the weakest of the 3 and he gets dropped and stopped in too many fights to count. Danny also gets dropped, possibly stopped, but he can go into survival mode better than the other two.

Porter smothers EVERYTHING so while he would always lose to anyone marginally better than a heavy bag...he probably doesnt get stopped since he plays a hybrid of Football, MMA, and Boxing, but he would go back to sparring level status
              Last edited by Bjl12; 11-19-2018, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                Old grandpa foreman was able to make a comeback as an old fat ass and knock out some 90s heavyweights.

Prime Foreman? I don’t know if he can beat someone as skilled as Joshua but he would give Millers fat ass a whooping.
                Foreman destroys AJ, Deontay, and Wlad in the same year. Deontay being easiest because of his chicken legs and pencil stick body.

Wlad would get KOd and AJ gets dropped and possibly stopped

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  I know Tony right.
                  These guys are ATGs for a reason.
                  Some of these dudes have short memories or haven't even watched what the heavyweight division was like back in them days.
                  Yeah, man. There are good fighters today but when you start comparing them to guys who accomplished so much more, it's hard to take the argument seriously. I don't hold Miller very high. Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Lol.
                    He would turns Millers jelly belly into spaghetti.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      People see clips of foreman beating up full time construction workers who trained by doing push ups and running round a park, and had a diet of meatloaf and potatos and think those guys are comparible to elite modern athletes with 4-5" and 80-100lbs on them

Its sad.
                      At least the construction workers weighed less than 317.

Comment

Working...
                      X