Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This next 5 years will be crucial for boxing in the USA!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This next 5 years will be crucial for boxing in the USA!

With all these USA boxing promoters & fighters getting major deals/money from networks. It will be crucial for boxing in general don’t matter promotional or fighter to get views & bring in revenue to the networks if not they won’t be renewed and I don’t see other major networks wanting boxing in their main networks. Imagine if FOX or ESPN or even DAZN cut of ties with boxing after their contracts are done and don’t bring in any major money. Where will all these boxing matches be shown at? Boxing will be secluded; if that happens? That’s why I say boxers need to enjoy the major money they are making right now cause who knows in future y’all may not make as much!

I think its more likely this next decade will produce a winner more than boxing is at stake. I think the viewing methods are spread out in such a way that this will be a battle of 3 groups in the US & one is gonna become the leader of boxing. And things are looking real good for DAZN if they can just convince people to go to whats a new method of watching fights for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I think its more likely this next decade will produce a winner more than boxing is at stake. I think the viewing methods are spread out in such a way that this will be a battle of 3 groups in the US & one is gonna become the leader of boxing. And things are looking real good for DAZN if they can just convince people to go to whats a new method of watching fights for them.

So far DAZN has been failing as much as fan I am of DAZN & boxing in general! DAZN events so far have empty arenas, low views, and constant dazn live stream freezing. If Canelo doesn’t in bring as many people as DAZN is expecting. DAZN will most likely fail or cut a major budget from boxing! Time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
        So far DAZN has been failing as much as fan I am of DAZN & boxing in general! DAZN events so far have empty arenas, low views, and constant dazn live stream freezing. If Canelo doesn’t in bring as many people as DAZN is expecting. DAZN will most likely fail or cut a major budget from boxing! Time will tell!
        I'd argue Eddie is failing more than DAZN is. DAZN has entrusted Eddie & Oscar to build their brand. And they are two of the biggest name promoters in the game with the two biggest fighters in the game signed to them.

And lets quit bsing like Kansas or Chicago matters realllllly. Boxing is a top heavy sport. On a card the main event is all that matters to fans. Among a promotion the big name is all they need to sell to be hugely successful. I think its a provable fact that as recently as a couple years ago GBP was profitably only because of Canelo.

And lets not be crazy we are only a few months into this cuz all this sh^t has went down super recently. ESPN did their deal with ESPN just over a year ago (which they renewed recently). PBC has been around since 2015, but they just got their first TV deal a couple months ago. And I hadn't even heard of DAZN I don't think til 6 months ago when they announced their Matchroom deal.

So this is the early stages & DAZN despite being around the least amount of time seem to have the longest deal in place for most overall money & are making the biggest moves. This is promising to me. But admittedly I don't know the weak spots with DAZN fully yet. I know Bob is too committed to inhouse fights so I know his ceiling is low with ESPN. I know Al isn't good at making the biggest fights on a regular basis with PBC (although these PPV fights coming up are bigger than normal PBC fights I concede, but idk if thats sustainable or not for sure).

So I'm seeing DAZN as the leader right now off of known defaults with these other 2 groups & with the moves DAZN has made in a short amount of time. And there is going to be a learning curve. I said this with PBC for the first 2 years or so & only quit talking about it when I saw PBC wasn't learning. If Eddie & Oscar fall to the same fate then DAZN can always let them go eventually & find people more willing to give them a superior boxing product.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'd argue Eddie is failing more than DAZN is. DAZN has entrusted Eddie & Oscar to build their brand. And they are two of the biggest name promoters in the game with the two biggest fighters in the game signed to them.

And lets quit bsing like Kansas or Chicago matters realllllly. Boxing is a top heavy sport. On a card the main event is all that matters to fans. Among a promotion the big name is all they need to sell to be hugely successful. I think its a provable fact that as recently as a couple years ago GBP was profitably only because of Canelo.

And lets not be crazy we are only a few months into this cuz all this sh^t has went down super recently. ESPN did their deal with ESPN just over a year ago (which they renewed recently). PBC has been around since 2015, but they just got their first TV deal a couple months ago. And I hadn't even heard of DAZN I don't think til 6 months ago when they announced their Matchroom deal.

So this is the early stages & DAZN despite being around the least amount of time seem to have the longest deal in place for most overall money & are making the biggest moves. This is promising to me. But admittedly I don't know the weak spots with DAZN fully yet. I know Bob is too committed to inhouse fights so I know his ceiling is low with ESPN. I know Al isn't good at making the biggest fights on a regular basis with PBC (although these PPV fights coming up are bigger than normal PBC fights I concede, but idk if thats sustainable or not for sure).

So I'm seeing DAZN as the leader right now off of known defaults with these other 2 groups & with the moves DAZN has made in a short amount of time. And there is going to be a learning curve. I said this with PBC for the first 2 years or so & only quit talking about it when I saw PBC wasn't learning. If Eddie & Oscar fall to the same fate then DAZN can always let them go eventually & find people more willing to give them a superior boxing product.

“Money don’t grow out of trees” as the saying says! DAZN/ESPN/FOX/Showtime at the end of the day are in the business to make money and if money don’t come in, they will go out of buisness like any other business like HBO did! Boxing need to make the best vs best, boxing true fans are tired of water down product/bum bashing and low quality fights! Casual won’t save boxing it’s us real fans who are growing desperate of **** fights!

Comment

DAZN events so far have empty arenas, low views, and constant dazn live stream freezing.
            Low views? Is this just your intuition, or do you have numbers?

Comment

We need all of them to be successful because yeah if just one of them decide Boxing is no longer worth the Investment like HBO then yeah it is very bad for the sport of boxing. Lets see how things look after 2-3 years!

Comment

“Money don’t grow out of trees” as the saying says! DAZN/ESPN/FOX/Showtime at the end of the day are in the business to make money and if money don’t come in, they will go out of buisness like any other business like HBO did!
                If they get to selling Joshua in the US I think they could be breakeven-ish on 4 Canelo & Joshua cards a year. Everything else is profit. If the two biggest names in boxing can't secure DAZN...what ~$181M a year, give or take, then boxing sucks or they haven't gotten this streaming platform off the ground enough.

Boxing need to make the best vs best, boxing true fans are tired of water down product/bum bashing and low quality fights! Casual won’t save boxing it’s us real fans who are growing desperate of **** fights!
                The best vs the best in boxing is never happening long term until some massive changes happen with the structure of boxing. The WBSS is a good start & maybe that becomes a real player in boxing, but you need some 3rd party controlling it, getting everyone onboard & making it sustainable. A platform isn't necessarily going to be able to or want to get involved with all that. I do like that DAZN has bought the WBSS tournament & I hope they are long term supporters of that concept.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 11-18-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

You worry too much about stuff you have no control over. Just hope for the best and enjoy good fights when they happen because they still happen often.

Comment

DAZN needs to land one of the other sports leagues to be an ultimate success. It won’t survive with boxing alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X