Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Errol Spence make weight at 147lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The3 View Post
    Last fight Jun 2018
    Next fight Mar 2019

Not fighting 3 times per year is helping him stay at 147
    That's actually gonna make it harder, I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      That's actually gonna make it harder, I would think.
      Agree, it's much easier to maintain the weight if you fight regularly and more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        As long as he is comfortable. Dudes act like he is struggling with it. Not to mention he holds the IBF title, so I'm sure once weight becomes a problem or he unifies the titles he will move up
        Have you seen pics of Spence recently? Dude looks he weights in about 180 something pounds!

Comment

Only HE can answer that question!

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
            Have you seen pics of Spence recently? Dude looks he weights in about 180 something pounds!
            Yeah but he isn't fighting now. As I said as long as he can make the weight comfortable I don't see the problem. When getting down to 147 and only being able to rehydrate up to 10 pounds starts to take a toll on him then he should move up. He seems to be only worried about they guys in his division. I don't see him saying anyone at 154 or 160 can get it. I'd like to see him unify and clear out 147 if he can before moving up. That needs to start happening after this Garcia fight man or he is just wasting his time

Comment

I say 3 more fights tops

Comment

If he's been making it for this long being as big as he is, he will probably never have a problem making it. As long as there are fights for him at 147, he will be there.

You can ask anyone with knowledge, he's probably one of the hardest working guys in the gym.

You'd be surprised how much fighter's weight problems has more to do with discipline rather then literally physically not being able to make weight.

Comment

Working...
                X