Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa Craves Errol Spence Rematch in The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa Craves Errol Spence Rematch in The Future

Former 135-pound world champion Omar Figueroa Jr. eyes a statement win at 140-pounds against John Molina on February 16 at a venue to be determined in Los Angeles on FOX (8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT) .
    [Click Here To Read More]

That would be a good fight.

Comment

Spence would end him before 10

Comment

Spence’s next fight. Maybe after that he’ll make his way to an actual 47 pounder. :/

Comment

Pump your brakes! First, beat Molina, then stay active at 140 for 2019! Plenty of action @ 140, and Omar (and Robert Easter Jr.) will be a welcome addition, and I believe Mikey will go back to 140 after this azz-whooping! Salute to "The Roux-Ga-Roux" and "The Beast!" Let's Go!

Comment

Golden Gloves was a long time ago. I don't think Figueroa has any chance of sustaining a Spence attack at this point. Kind of like when Cotto smashed a guy who had beaten him twice before non-professionally. Figueroa is an exciting fighter, but his power isn't what he thinks it is and he has no defense. I haven't seen anything from Figueroa to merit anyone thinking it would be a competitive fight at 47.

Let me correct myself. I just found out Spence v. Mikey is on a Fox PPV? WTF? That makes no sense to me lol.
            Last edited by MisanthropicNY; 11-17-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

He's short and flabby. He has no chance.

Comment

... "My boy" Panterita should better stay at 140... he has brittle hands and at 147 he looks fat af... (as about Spence, no fucking way!)

Comment

The KO over the faded Guerrero was impressive; in part because of it being over Guerrero (who despite being past his prime was strong and formidable in all of his previous fights) and in other part of how dominant. Figueroa's one of those fighters that doesn't look impressive, but he's so strong that it doesn't matter what he looks like as long as he's in top condition and injury free (which is why he's only had 1 fight in 3 years).

He mentioned that he wants to win a title and unify the division before moving up to face Spence, which would keep him busy until 2020, but if he wins a title, defeats the WBSS winner, and Spence is still at 147, it will be a marquee matchup. Until then, he has a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                    The KO over the faded Guerrero was impressive; in part because of it being over Guerrero (who despite being past his prime was strong and formidable in all of his previous fights) and in other part of how dominant. Figueroa's one of those fighters that doesn't look impressive, but he's so strong that it doesn't matter what he looks like as long as he's in top condition and injury free (which is why he's only had 1 fight in 3 years).

He mentioned that he wants to win a title and unify the division before moving up to face Spence, which would keep him busy until 2020, but if he wins a title, defeats the WBSS winner, and Spence is still at 147, it will be a marquee matchup. Until then, he has a lot of work to do.
                    ... For me, Panterita promised to become an impressive fighter... but he had brittle hands since quite early in his career...

Comment

Working...
                    X