Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triangle theory is critical when measuring Pacquiao/Broner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangle theory is critical when measuring Pacquiao/Broner.

Because Jessie Vargas is that good of a B-level fighter to properly gauge what's likely to happen on fight night.

Pacquiao walked through him. As in, way too easy. That 114-113 score should be completely ignored because that wasn't the fight; that judge was scoring based on Vargas' ineffective aggression compared to Manny's clear dominance. We also know Vargas has no power, because Manny certainly didn't repsect any of it.

I thought Broner lost his. He wasn't active enough until the later rounds, and while I was dying at the corner ("LETCHO GOTDAMN HANDS GO MAYN!!!"), he didn't do that until too late. Vintage Broner.

We know Broner has power, he just doesn't use it effectively. If he sits back and waits like he did against Vargas, it'll be a repeat of Pacquiao/Mosley. Then we'll see a pointless rematch instead of an intriguing Mayweather/Broner dream fight.

pac is fading .

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      pac is fading .
      He still has enough to beat AB decisively.

Comment

Pac is going to light Broner up like a Christmas tree.

Comment

AB is far to static and flat footed to have real success against Pac.

I can see AB 'shelling up' taking shots and then jutting out his chin and shaking his head at Pac for 12 rounds then crying when he gets a UD against him.

He could catch Pac coming in, but I can't really see it unless Pac gets super careless.

Be honest, AB is a C level fighter at 147.

Comment

Triangle theories don’t account for styles. And we all know styles make fights. But yea pac should win.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              Triangle theories don’t account for styles. And we all know styles make fights. But yea pac should win.
              They do in this specific case. It's Broner we're talking about here. I know people get tired of hearing it but Broner refuses to let his hands go until he's lost at least 6 rounds. That strat won't work against Manny, who has dominated every fighter who failed to outwork him.

Manny's got two main weaknesses: Aggression greater than his, and defense better than his. Broner has neither.

Comment

The high guard Broner used against Mikey will be even more ineffective against Pacquaio.
                Pac's punches will still land through right in the middle.
                Bottom line is Broner has to move, move, move....

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Because Jessie Vargas is that good of a B-level fighter to properly gauge what's likely to happen on fight night.

Pacquiao walked through him. As in, way too easy. That 114-113 score should be completely ignored because that wasn't the fight; that judge was scoring based on Vargas' ineffective aggression compared to Manny's clear dominance. We also know Vargas has no power, because Manny certainly didn't repsect any of it.

I thought Broner lost his. He wasn't active enough until the later rounds, and while I was dying at the corner ("LETCHO GOTDAMN HANDS GO MAYN!!!"), he didn't do that until too late. Vintage Broner.

We know Broner has power, he just doesn't use it effectively. If he sits back and waits like he did against Vargas, it'll be a repeat of Pacquiao/Mosley. Then we'll see a pointless rematch instead of an intriguing Mayweather/Broner dream fight.
                  Pac-Man slowed down way too much, he is now hittable

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    Pac-Man slowed down way too much, he is now hittable
                    Hittable means nothing if you aren't busy enough to take advantage.

Comment

Working...
                    X