Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Wilder-Fury Will NOT Look Like Klitschko-Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
    Hearn knows this isn’t gonna sell big mate

People dislike the guy but he knows the game and he said if the numbers are there wilder will get 50/50

They haven’t even sold out the venue ... embarrassing state of affairs

WILDER has went from 15% to possibly 50/50 US home based fight. I'd say thats a positive ACCOMPLISHMENT business wise. Maybe its different cross the pond

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
      Really?! It's exactly the opposite. Wilder and his handlers don't appear to be rushing anything. As far as I know, Hearn sent them an another-improved offer and is constantly barking how he wants to start conversations about AJ vs DW even before Dec.1, yet wilder's team refuses even to have a meeting.

Lewis is supposed to say what he's saying. He's just a sellout on PBC pay list. No wonder he's been constantly lobbying for bigger Wilder purse split than he deserves.
      Lewis and Joshua have a long history and same people involvement like Barry Hearn who used to manage Lewis. Lewis was in order to train and manage Joshua after the Olympics but Joshua went another way, to add to that Barry said Joshua was better then Lewis was in 2014 prompting a bitter tone with Lewis who lets face it is a narcsistic type guy who even once called Sanders by phone and gave him tips on how to beat Wlad who was a danger to him at the time . Lewis was known to give pointers to many Klitchkos both Wlad and Vitali opponets in fear his standings in history would get surpassed ,which Wlad did anyway.

Lewis even said Joshua would never be greater then him or on that level so it wouldn't be that hard for him to make sneaky digs at the much faster accomplished Joshua then he was .

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        WILDER has went from 15% to possibly 50/50 US home based fight. I'd say thats a positive ACCOMPLISHMENT business wise. Maybe its different cross the pond
        It’s a result for Wilder for sure

He deserves more than a flat 15 mill ... 50/50 not so much

Comment

Wilders team are so eager to make a Joshua deal they gave fury a rematch clause

Even though he’s been on the gear for two years and has no title

Smart business
          I believe the rematch clause only applies if Wilder loses. Fury loses there is no mandatory rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
            I believe the rematch clause only applies if Wilder loses. Fury loses there is no mandatory rematch.
            That would be logical but warren stated fury has a rematch clause his side of the deal

Sounds a weird deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              True, Lennox is working for the PBC now.

What I find interesting is that he's saying AJ shouldn't duck Fury after this. Why would he say that unless he thinks Fury is going to beat Wilder?
              Even if Wilder defeats Fury, Joshua would rather fight Fury. Wilder is far more dangerous.

Comment

Fury is going to have to bang with Wilder, that's the difference here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
                  It wasn’t a wide decision. He won by a couple rounds. Wlad did nothing and Fury did next to nothing.
                  My observation exactly. Makes one wonder how such a performance can suddenly elevate Fury to the status of a masterful boxer.

Comment

He’s been giving sly digs since he sold out Wembley

Wilder Joshua will happen . It’s not gonna happen until he beats fury or comes off his 50/50 or no fight bullskit
                    But the digs that he gives are to do things that would boost Joshua past Lennox. How can you be jealous and trying to force someone to 2 things to surpass or equal you at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      But the digs that he gives are to do things that would boost Joshua past Lennox. How can you be jealous and trying to force someone to 2 things to surpass or equal you at the same time?
                      Maybe because he’s working for pbc and is trying to force Joshua into giving wilder 50/50

I don’t know how lewis’s Mind works but he’s been salty before wilder even came into the picture

Comment

Working...
                      X