Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Secures Freddie Roach To Be in Corner For Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    My grandma could take Fury's punches. He's the heavyweight Paulie Malinaggi.
    Fury has a 70% KO rate, 19 KOs so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
      Not when he sits on his punches. He paws and sets up good solid shots, that’s why wladamir didn’t rush in.
      Mayweather did the same, people called him featherfisted which is laughable
      Wlad came in on Joshua, who hits far harder. I don't buy that "solid shots" and Mayweather comparison. He couldn't get Pineta out of there even though he was trying in the last two rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        Fury has a 70% KO rate, 19 KOs so far.
        I'd have a 70% KO rate if I fought grade schoolers. There is no difference. He KO'd Steve Cunningham and ZERO of the heavyweights who were better than cab drivers. I see a record full of TKOs which indicates they are stoppages due to accumulation of punches. Even with Cunningham, the KO was the result of him being tired from Fury mauling him, then holding his head down for the KO punch.

Comment

Wlad came in on Joshua, who hits far harder. I don't buy that "solid shots" and Mayweather comparison. He couldn't get Pineta out of there even though he was trying in the last two rounds.
          He said recently in an interview that when he started out he used to brawl and throw his weight around a lot more, that's how he racked up the KOs early on but he realized it's smarter and more consistent to box. I think he has KO power but looking for the KO will always leave you open for counters and I think he just determined he has other skills he can rely on that are more of a safe bet. Hit and don't get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            He does ???
            Lol that's what I was thinking.

Comment

I'd have a 70% KO rate if I fought grade schoolers. There is no difference. He KO'd Steve Cunningham and ZERO of the heavyweights who were better than cab drivers. I see a record full of TKOs which indicates they are stoppages due to accumulation of punches. Even with Cunningham, the KO was the result of him being tired from Fury mauling him, then holding his head down for the KO punch.
              Only 70% against grade-schoolers??

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                None of Wilder´s windmill punches landed on Washington after the knockdown but the ref still stopped the fight although Gerald was punching back.
                Yeah I remember that. Although I still think Wilder would have eventually got him outta there. Washington was alright seconds after they stopped it.

Cant really blame the refs though because in real time it hard to tell. The guy is already visibly buzzed from that initial bomb that he lands but then when Wilder jumps all over them swinging fast and crazy you cant tell whats landing and whats not

Comment

I have had doubts that Fury is in the kind of shape that he needs to be in to beat Wilder. But, Freddy says he's in great shape. If that's true and he can avoid Wilder's right hand, he may be able to out box him.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                    Not when he sits on his punches. He paws and sets up good solid shots, that’s why wladamir didn’t rush in.
                    Mayweather did the same, people called him featherfisted which is laughable
                    Idk dude. Fury chin is the worst not worst than khan but it's not good. **** all the heavyweights got questionable chins.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Tyson Fury is going to have some added expert backing on December 1. Fury has hired Freddie Roach to be his cut man for the upcoming world title with WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. The contest takes place on December 1 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Showtime/BT Sport Pay-Per-View will carry the contest.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      Freddie Roach shakes like a reed so how can he be a cut man? Besides Freddie isn't good once the fight starts, he can't give any advice apart from asking if you are ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X