Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo: “Always support the Mexican”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with that statement because It's about individualism. You should be able to support whoever you want to support and and it doesn't matter what the reason is.

What's not OK is telling other people who they should support.

If Canelo wants to support Mexicans because they're Mexicans that's his right, and I have no problem.

What's not OK is calling someone like Marquez a traitor for not supporting Canelo because he's a Mexican.

That totally destroys the idea of individual freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      Never support Mexican cheat.
      You support Dillian Whyte though.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Tyson Holyfield Ward Hagler and countless of others always picked against Floyd. There’s black Youtube boxing channels that are dedicated to hating anything Floyd does.
        Ward picked Guerrero to beat Mayweather. African Americans are scared to support each other because they get called racist when they do or it’s the old “you only supporting him because he’s black” line. For example, Oscar gets so much love from his people even though he doesn’t take care of his kids, cheated on his wife multiple times, drug addict, multiple dwis, rapist/pedo. They support theirs no matter what. If Oscar was black there’s a good chance that he’d have a hard time surviving in a black neighborhood for being a pedophile. Not excusing either of their behavior I’m just telling you what it is.
        I'm talking about regular welfare cashing blacks like yourself that support that illiterate, woman beating thug.

You people have supported drug addicts (Whittaker) rapists (Tyson) and wife cheaters (The entire NBA), and so don't come over here with this holier than thou nonsense.

Explain how De la Hoya is a pedophile. Mexicans don't like him.

And a black guy (you) complaining about another man not taking care of his kids? Really? You want to go there? You want to start posting statistics of single mothers and what race is more likely to run out on their kids?

Comment

https://youtu.be/SoxPy09VlYQ

Personally, I think all Americans should support American fighters no matter what color they are but American fighters get the most hate in their own country. I think Boxing in America would thrive if we supported each other. We have the most money and they best platforms it’s no reason why Boxing shouldn’t be thriving like the 80s in America.
          I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this?
          I am an American boxing fan and a big Canelo fan. I don't agree that you must always support a boxer from your country over a boxer from another country. Boxing is a sport of individuals not teams or countries and I don't think nationalism should be a part of it to any great extent. I always root for the fighter I like best as a fighter and as a person no matter what country he is from. Some of my favorite fighters are Americans and I don't like some American boxers. I rooted for Canelo to beat every American he fought just as I rooted for Trinidad and GGG to beat every American they ever fought. I rooted for Lewis to beat Tyson. I'll always root for my favorite American boxers like Spence. I'll never root for an American jack ass like Broner.

Comment

https://youtu.be/SoxPy09VlYQ

Personally, I think all Americans should support American fighters no matter what color they are but American fighters get the most hate in their own country. I think Boxing in America would thrive if we supported each other. We have the most money and they best platforms it’s no reason why Boxing shouldn’t be thriving like the 80s in America.
            I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this?
            when you say support American fighters you mean black ones so you the same as canelo. one is member of La Raza the other member of black panthers where both say f#ck whitey

Comment

i agree with canelo wholeheartedly
              i'm Black and i always support the Black fighter within the realms of logical reasoning
              nothin wrong with canelo sayin' this

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Why wouldn't he support his own people? Nothing wrong at all.
                dats waciss and sheet if whites do it

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  This. Patriotism is fine but there's too many boxing fans (especially on this forum) that find they have to be racist or xenophobic because they think that's part of backing their guy or their kind.

It's why we have the dumbest fans in sports bar none and why I'm basically done posting here.
                  thank God you are done

Comment

Clenelo

No fighter should be supported for any reason besides their skills. There's a lot of Mexican Nationalism in boxing and it's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      I'm talking about regular welfare cashing blacks like yourself that support that illiterate, woman beating thug.

You people have supported drug addicts (Whittaker) rapists (Tyson) and wife cheaters (The entire NBA), and so don't come over here with this holier than thou nonsense.

Explain how De la Hoya is a pedophile. Mexicans don't like him.

And a black guy (you) complaining about another man not taking care of his kids? Really? You want to go there? You want to start posting statistics of single mothers and what race is more likely to run out on their kids?
                      Chavez was a self confessed junkie and he also beat his wife and cheated on her. Was it ok for him to do all that but because Whitaker liked crack he’s evil?

Comment

Working...
                      X