Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: Two Different Eras, Usyk is The Best of His Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    Lol, I may have to agree. I think Paulie said it best. He said when he was fighting in 20’s his physique was always pretty ripped. But once he got older (late 20’s early 30’s) his physique naturally rounded out, even though he had the same workouts.

Even Ali complained about not being able to get rid of his little gut after he got outta jail. So now when I see fighters like Kell Brook, still sculpted like a statue in his 30’s I now become instantly suspicious.

I don’t even remember Kell Brook looking like this in his 20’s. But now in his 30’s he’s all of a sudden morphed into The Hulk.
    Yep, Kell Brook is a good example. Look at his physique in the Carson Jones fight and before that. Still an impressive athlete's physique, but noticeably softer and less vascular. Compare that to his recent fights, the difference is obvious.

Another great example is Wladimir Klitschko. He somehow managed to have a more ripped and muscular physique in his 40s than he did in his 20s. Roy Jones often likes to call this "modern nutrition and training". The truth is, it's just steroids and other PEDs, as Roy can attest to.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
      Yep, Kell Brook is a good example. Look at his physique in the Carson Jones fight and before that. Still an impressive athlete's physique, but noticeably softer and less vascular. Compare that to his recent fights, the difference is obvious.

Another great example is Wladimir Klitschko. He somehow managed to have a more ripped and muscular physique in his 40s than he did in his 20s. Roy Jones often likes to call this "modern nutrition and training". The truth is, it's just steroids and other PEDs, as Roy can attest to.
      Yes, very obvious with the Klitschko’s. I believe it’s so prevalent now that you’d be better off trying to identify who isn’t juiced.

But what’s really scary is when someone like BJS gets caught. Because he’s pretty flaccid, so then u realize u can’t always look to physique to tell the whole tale.

I now feel sorry for anyone who’s actually clean, because they will never be able to avoid dirty fighters.

Comment

And my all time juicy favorite Manny Pacquiao. His whole career should have an asterisk. Look at his performance and physique vs Horn, then look at his physique and performance in his last fight.

Thought he could come off that juice for the Australian and got mauled. Then he learned his lesson as juiced up hard for his next fight and got a KO, the first one in like 10 years.
        Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 11-13-2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Holyfield is ATG. the best cruiserweight and one of top 10 heavyweight of all times. There is nobody like that nowadays.

Comment

I do believe I prejudged Usyk somewhat, as admittedly I haven't seen much of him, and only saw some of his performance against Gassiev and Bellew. I still think Holyfield is better, but yes it is just a bit of a fun comparison, as the fighters from different era's will never fight each other. I hanker too much for the past era's of boxing as I think they were much better than this era. However, fighters such as Usyk, Canelo, Spence, Crawford and Lomachenko would have been competitive in any era.

Comment

Holyfield was also absolutely juiced to the gills. Forgot to mention that part, eh Evander?
              can you imagine if Usyk was roided like holyfield?

Comment

Working...
              X