No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We Want Whyte-Chisora Winner - NOT Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    Parker is garbage... Was lucky to win a vacant belt against Ruiz, otherwise he would never have been champion. Props to Parker, he ran from a unification against Wilder to unify with AJ for more money. But to think he can choose and pick what top fighter he can fight is ridiculous.
    a lot of posters here like to act like that never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Martin would be a bs opponent. And Povetkin is a juice not worth the squeeze situation. He's like Ortiz in that way. Too good for his own good & not THAT known that there is a whole lot of upside if you beat him. F#ck Joshua didn't even get much upside for beating him & the UK fans kinda dig Joshua I've heard.

I think Carlos Takam makes more sense than either of those two if Parker doesn't want some decent money & another L.

I think Hearn could make it worth Parker's wild doe so even if he's not loving it now I think knocking off a guy who's a marination fight for Joshua already w/o even have fought at HW yet is worth the potential upside for him if he wins.
      Usyk vs. Povetkin should do well in Germany or Russia! Takam is coming off 2 TKO losses to Chisora and Joshua. At least Martin competed with Kownacki, and went the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Usyk vs. Povetkin should do well in Germany or Russia!
        I ain't saying it wouldn't do well enough, but its not no huge fight & its a risky first fight.

Takam is coming off 2 TKO losses to Chisora and Joshua.
        Thats exactly right. The first dip in the HW pond shouldn't be too risky. And its never bad to have a dick measuring fight with the HW champion. If Usyk takes Takam out quicker then Joshua, which I think is very possible, its a good look for him.

At least Martin competed with Kownacki, and went the distance!
        Who's Kownacki doe? Kownacki isn't well known & all a lot of people know of Martin is he got destroyed by Joshua. And if they know anything else about him its cuz he "won" a title because his opponents leg fell off or w/e.

Definitely better to fight a guy who fought & did okay enough or above expectations vs Joshua than a guy who got raped in the ring by Joshua.

Comment

I ain't saying it wouldn't do well enough, but its not no huge fight & its a risky first fight.

Thats exactly right. The first dip in the HW pond shouldn't be too risky. And its never bad to have a dick measuring fight with the HW champion. If Usyk takes Takam out quicker then Joshua, which I think is very possible, its a good look for him.

Who's Kownacki doe? Kownacki isn't well known & all a lot of people know of Martin is he got destroyed by Joshua. And if they know anything else about him its cuz he "won" a title because his opponents leg fell off or w/e.

Definitely better to fight a guy who fought & did okay enough or above expectations vs Joshua than a guy who got raped in the ring by Joshua.
          If he didn't get stopped by Chisora, I would say Takam would be decent, but at this point I think Martin is a better boxer, and he's 6'4".

Comment

Beetlejuice Whyte rematch NEEDS to happen. only gets the W because of a headbutt Knockdown? only on an Eddie hearn show & 'i am the weferee' John lewis lets him get away with every dirty tactic in the book, and literally lets him hold on for dear life and let the timer run out?

guess who claims the KD was legit? that there was no headbutt and there is no robberies to foreigners on english soil SIDknee
            Last edited by mlac; 11-13-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Parker should just concentrate on winning streaks, Whyte will keep adjusting to opponents and win and Parker getting head butted didn't drop his output, Parker will be on a fast track out of boxing with the decision his team is making.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                or maybe he wants to avenge his loss... not everything is about money, u guys are childish as hell
                Boxing is called prize fighting. Whyte brings in a lot of money and no other fight for Parker is bigger other then Joshua. Don't tell me Wilder bc Parker isn't known in the U.S and we could see lack of interest in Wilder fights with Fury who isn't a big draw either.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Parker is garbage... Was lucky to win a vacant belt against Ruiz, otherwise he would never have been champion. Props to Parker, he ran from a unification against Wilder to unify with AJ for more money. But to think he can choose and pick what top fighter he can fight is ridiculous.
                  Your anger is he didn't unify with scary wilder that had 50mil, right?

Go shyyyte with 1.5mil fighter with no live body in his resume.

Comment

Martin would be a bs opponent. And Povetkin is a juice not worth the squeeze situation. He's like Ortiz in that way. Too good for his own good & not THAT known that there is a whole lot of upside if you beat him. F#ck Joshua didn't even get much upside for beating him & the UK fans kinda dig Joshua I've heard.

I think Carlos Takam makes more sense than either of those two if Parker doesn't want some decent money & another L.

I think Hearn could make it worth Parker's wild doe so even if he's not loving it now I think knocking off a guy who's a marination fight for Joshua already w/o even have fought at HW yet is worth the potential upside for him if he wins.
                    This - Usyk v Takam is a good heavyweight debut for the Ukrainian.

Takam, despite the last two losses, is still a solid heavy. He was handing Chisora a beating until he got caught, and there’s no shame in losing to Joshua on a dodgy stoppage.

Good test for Usyk.

Comment

Whyte vs Parker rematch has to happen, was an entertaining close fight (due to the head butt kd).

Comment

Working...
                      X