Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I Want Reality Back, I Want a Normal Life and I Will Find It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
    Don’t know why he’s getting so much hate. For someone who’s perpetually labeled as mediocre and generally the underdog, he’s been exceptionally successful in his career. Outside the ring he wears his heart on his sleeve and that vulnerability is refreshing, and in the ring he has got a massive heart. People are just too negative, why waste your time spewing vitriol online? That’s a shame
    Amen to this. Bellew is exactly what boxing needs and should appreciate.

Fights the best.
    Has good media and opponent banter.
    Rivalries.
    Persona.
    Heart in and out the ring.
    Respect for the game and it's athletes.
    Bowing out at the right time.

Nod of the hat Tony, you made a lot of fans the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
      I enjoyed watching Bellew get knocked out but I agree with this comment. He is a better pundit than the rest of those shills at Sky Sports put together excluding Paulie.

Bellew was the only one to call it as it is in the Brook vs Spence fight. Completely spoke his mind (not off the Sky Sports/Matchroom script) and said Kell Brook quit live on air and the man stayed true to his words when interviewed about it. Insisted that Brook had quit. Even called for him to retire saying when you've quit once you'll quit again because mentally you have one foot out of the sport already.

The man has a lot of heart so for that I'll give him his credit and never once shyed away from engaging in the pocket which is pleasing for the casuals.

Very average record against very average opponents. Never did give Cleverly his decider which he fully deserved considering Cleverly gave him the opportunity for a rematch after he lost.

Claim to fame is beating a broken Haye twice. I still laugh at Haye whenever I see him in interviews.
      I totally agree about the reality of his resume yet respecting him immensely for going in with some tough guys. I can't really count those wins against Haye as Ws that go on his record. And losing to Cleverly then scraping past him on an SD is hardly awe inspiring.
      The pundit that annoys me the most is Matthew Macklin. He's like a really crap version of Paulie that points out nothing that you haven't already noticed. And Haye tries too hard to sound like an expert analyst.
      Tony has been a bit of a c,ock in the past to say the least, but all is forgiven for putting in a sterling effort against Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        The "i'm humble" act grew boring before the first Haye fight. Humble people don't have to tell everyone they are.
        This is one of the things that annoys me most... some people don't realise that by saying they're humble they're actually insinuating that they're better than most. I've never heard Bellew make that claim though.
        Last edited by Spacey1991; 11-13-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
          Amen to this. Bellew is exactly what boxing needs and should appreciate.

Fights the best.
          Has good media and opponent banter.
          Rivalries.
          Persona.
          Heart in and out the ring.
          Respect for the game and it's athletes.
          Bowing out at the right time.

Nod of the hat Tony, you made a lot of fans the past few years.
          He certainly made one of me... I couldn't really stand him before the Haye fight, but you've gotta respect him. The first Haye fight was a huge risk at the time, none of the HW's were interested.

Comment

please leave me alone, ok tony, byyyyeee

Comment

Good luck anthony, nothing to be ashamed of, uve accomplished more in the sport than most. Enjoy your life! I understand

Comment

Working...
              X