Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Winning Bellew vs Usyk Before the KO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The British crowd was extremely biased. Usyk was blocking a lot of shots but the fans basically cheered at anything that looked like a power punch...

Comment

I had it 4-2-1 Usyk going into round 8. I thought Bellew was trying to milk the clock mostly which made his fewer shots (but power shots that look more impressive to judges) more likely to take the round to Usyk's superior ring generalship, defense, effective aggression & overall more clean shots landed.

I actually had 2 rounds close that I gave to Usyk on his more well rounded approach cuz Bellew while landing the more impressive punches he was just doing far too lil overall to win those rounds on my card.

Comment

I had Usyk winning 67-66 and if the fight continued he won that 8 round and probably the others as well

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
          He used everything he had just to match Usyk's first gear.
          Yea this. I didnt even think Usyk started fighting for real til the 4th round. And I couldn't give Bellew a round from that point on. Bellew was moving like he'd fought twice the rounds Usyk had from then on.

Not to diminish what Bellew did though. He's a far lesser talent than Usyk, but his team put together a great strategy of engaging lil to ensure his big shots made the most impact with the judges. It was mostly working since he was up on two cards (randomly anyone know the exact scores) & even on the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            The British crowd was extremely biased. Usyk was blocking a lot of shots but the fans basically cheered at anything that looked like a power punch...
            A British crowd, cheering for a British fighter, in Britain?

No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              The usual suspects are gonna pretend usyk was up. The dude was down by 1 or 2 rounds. But even then don't matter bellew got knocked the hell out.
              True. All Bellew had to do was stay off the ropes, it was his down fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
                A British crowd, cheering for a British fighter, in Britain?

No way.
                I think could be on to something!

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
                  i thought about 4-3 either way going into the 8th. Hardly matters though, Bellew was never going to win another second of the fight by that point.

He used everything he had just to match Usyk's first gear.
                  Nah, all Bellew had to do was stay off the ropes cuz he was up by one on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Nah, all Bellew had to do was stay off the ropes cuz he was up by one on my card.
                    Easier said than done.

He was exhausted trying to match Usyk and had nowhere to run or hide and got taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      I didn’t score the fight. But I could see English fans giving early rounds to Bellew since Usyk didn’t do anything to the blind eye.
                      Makes no sense cuz you wasn't even scoring the fight so why are YOU talking about blind eyes....LMMFAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X