Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn 'Pleased People Got To See Real Bellew' Versus Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn 'Pleased People Got To See Real Bellew' Versus Usyk

Eddie Hearn's concern for Tony Bellew was obvious when Bellew's promoter jumped up from his front-row seat and almost moved Bellew's head off the bottom rope Saturday night. A few minutes later, once Bellew was counted out, the British promoter's eyes welled with tears as he spoke about Bellew's performance against Oleksandr Usyk. Bellew was very competitive with the unbeaten Ukrainian southpaw through seven rounds, before the strong, skillful Usyk cracked Bellew with a left hand that knocked out the brave Brit in the eighth round in Manchester, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He put up a much better fight than I expected. Gave Usyk all kinds of trouble, for a while.

Respect.

Comment

Bellew made it look close for a few rounds as Usyk was cautious and felt him out.
      Bellew's 35 and a couple of levels below Usyk, so the ending was never in doubt.
      Fans and commentators read too much into a fighter winning a few early rounds (same thing happened with Brook v Golovkin, as if the fight wasn't a KO, waiting to happen.)
      Respect to Bellew for a good showing, but this fight was over when they signed the contract.

Comment

I've only seen the ko but the fact Usyk were behind on the cards and where made to adjust and think tells you bellow is a better box/fighter than he has been credited with. The range finder with the jab and the long left hook ( which is a difficult shot to gain real power) shows you how much Usyk started to respect bellows ability and fighting heart .. Fair play to them both ..boxing win last night ��

Comment

Probably Bellew's career best performance, even if it was in defeat. But boxing is about levels & Usyk is at least a couple higher than Bellew. Fun fight but it ended exactly how most people thought it would.

Comment

I am no way a fan of the Hearns and most of the time for very good reason but I have to take my hat off to Eddie on this occasion with his genuine support,respect and love he has shown for it seems his genuine friend Tony Bellew.

Comment

This irks me the most more than anything especially coming from people that ought to have a better boxing brain. "He swept the first 3 rounds" or he was winning the fight, what does it matter, in a fight where he got knocked out. Usyk was feeling him out so it wasnt like Bellew just beat him to take those rounds. Ask Amir Khan, he is always winning until the eventual happens..I respect Bellew especially for humbling that fraud Haye but in hindsight, who has he really fought...Makabu, a crippled David Haye...good for him he was a late bloomer but he was never ever going to beat Usyk cos they are just not on the same level regardless of what happens in the early rounds. You couldn't even see that KO coming. Bellew's brain was still processing the jab when bang the KO punch came.
              Last edited by whirlout; 11-11-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Bellew is average at best. Who cares if he won some rounds. Once Usyk stepped it up, he got ko'd.

Comment

Bellew massively over rated UK bum, with a big mouth, got destroyed and exposed.

The look on Eddies face when Bellew got knocked down, and Eddie realized he had paid off the judges for nothing, and his hype train was derailed.

His biggest achievement was beating a crippled retired version of David Haye.

Comment

I've told people on this forum time after time that Bellew can box, look at what he did at cruiserweight before facing an out of date Haye.

He's a fighter who only goes down on his shield as shown last night, he has loads of respect for Usyk so I don't get the crap he gets.

Go back and watch the final of the Muhammad Ali trophy see how that guy, was it Gassiev? Can't remember did against Usyk.

At least Bellew came to fight and not just lose twelve rounds in a row, he deserves more credit on this forum than he gets.

Edit > don't get me wrong I think Usyk is a level or two above Bellew definitely boxing skill wise, probably at least two he's a fantastic boxer, but still Bellew doesn't deserve the disrespect he gets here.
                    Last edited by mmamachine; 11-11-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X