Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Usyk hype as bad as the Loma hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Usyk hype as bad as the Loma hype?

We had Loma hype boys saying he could beat Spence after the Rigo fight. Now we've got people saying Usyk wipes the floor with Joshua and Wilder?? Why do people get so carried away when their fighter looks good against an overmatched opponent?

theres a clear race aspect to it. and it's really pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      We had Loma hype boys saying he could beat Spence after the Rigo fight. Now we've got people saying Usyk wipes the floor with Joshua and Wilder?? Why do people get so carried away when their fighter looks good against an overmatched opponent?
      ... Yep, right... Loma was also after Canelo at 155...

Comment

I think the hype was over the top before last night, for me there should have been a bit of a reality check as Bellew was legit outboxing Usyk in some rounds.

As far as heavyweight goes, i think there are as many people dismissing Usyk as backing him. Let's see his first couple of fights there before judging him.

If you pushed me I would say he'll be a player, a good addition but I think he'll fall short against the top guys. If you look at his style and size, I don't think it will translate into success against those guys. Could see him potentially beating a Povetkin, Parker, Whyte, and having success but as a fighter who's more comfortable on the back foot and giving away a lot of natural size isn't normally a good situation.

Comment

Because it's a boxing forum and people get excited after an emphatic win like last night.

Comment

I have NOT ONCE heard or seen someone matching up loma against spence....NOT ONCE. On the contrary i do remember MANY posters claiming rigo was gonna outbox loma and school him wit dem cuban skillz tho LMFAO

I think youre just making up things inside your head sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              I'd like to see who said that Loma could beat Spence. Could you please provide a link. I think your mistaken..

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                theres a clear race aspect to it. and it's really pathetic.
                You're exactly right. Any time europeans crack the P4P list a certain demographic immediately feels threatened by it .

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  I'd like to see who said that Loma could beat Spence. Could you please provide a link. I think your mistaken..

Thats because it NEVER happend. He's pulling ***** out of his assss. Loma has never been matched with a welter. Manny vs Loma has been floated around but would have been at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    You're exactly right. Any time europeans crack the P4P list a certain demographic immediately feels threatened by it .
                    come on man don't use that term.

It goes both ways though, i dont disagree with what you are saying but then theres the other side to it too.

Comment

Working...
                    X